Friday, April 26, 2013

Vinegar Friday in the bathroom

TGIVF!

It's been a busy week for me. I'll be heading up to Mercer, PA today so I can teach a couple of workshops at the Writing Success XXII conference tomorrow. I'm looking forward to a night away and an inspirational and motivational Saturday. I judged the Children's Writing competition, so I'm anxious to share the good news to the winners. Of course, with good news comes bad, and I'm always sorry to disappoint the writers who are hoping to hear their names mentioned, but don't. This is the second writing competition I've judged this spring and I've learned a lot about entering. I'm amazed at how many people do not pay attention to guidelines and do not proofread their work! I will admit, I rarely proofread my posts here on GG, so I'm sure you find errors here and there. But these posts aren't being entered into writing contests and I don't have to follow anyone's guidelines, but my own.

Now 30% off!
What does all of this have to do with vinegar? Absolutely nothing. I was just rambling. However, my book, Vinegar Fridays, will be available for sale at the conference, and I am teaching a workshop on blogging, so that counts for something.

But you stopped by for a tip about vinegar, right? And, of course, I don't want to disappoint you. So here goes. This is from page 10 of my book:

Now that we're in the bathroom, let's start off with killing germs, which is kind of necessary when we're talking bathrooms, isn't it? Full-strength distilled white vinegar is the answer here. I always have some handy in a spray bottle. Spritzing, then wiping the doorknobs will kill any germs that remain from hands that were washed in haste, or perhaps not washed at all! Eww. While you have the spray bottle in your hand, spritz the toilet seat (both sides) and all around the exterior of the toilet bowl. That will send the germs a-running. 

In the meantime, fill the bowl with 1 to 2 cups of undiluted DWV. Close the lid and let soak for several hours. There will be very little scrubbing needed with it's time to lift the lid again. Vinegar's just amazing like that! For extra deodorizing power, add 3 cups of bleach -- JUST KIDDING!! -- 3 cups of vinegar to the bowl and let it do its magic overnight. If you wake up in the morning with the urge to go pronto, just be grateful for the opportunity to practice your Kegels as you scrub the bowl and watch the rings disappear! Not only does the vinegar clean and deodorize the toilet, but it disinfects it as well! It's natural, economical, and non-toxic, with no harmful vapors or odors... what more could you want? Distilled white vinegar is the best toilet cleaner around!
 
Missing those scrubbing bubbles? [you do know how toxic they are, right?] Make some eco-friendly ones of your own by dumping some baking soda into the toilet bowl prior to adding the vinegar.

Well, I'm off to get ready for the conference. Enjoy your weekend. And be sure to stop back tomorrow when I ask the question: Have you yertled lately?

Keeping it green with vinegar,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog