Monday, April 29, 2013

A sense of community

As I mentioned last week, I spent my Saturday at the Writing Success XXII conference in Mercer, PA. I presented two workshops -- Fictional Characters Anonymous (a kind of an AA-type meeting for fictional characters) and The Power of Blogging. 

While I am by no means an expert on blogging, I feel qualified to talk about the influence a blogger has. The main focus of my talk was on community, and let me tell you, I bragged about you guys. I love the Green Grandma community and let my class at the conference know that. Without you, this blog would be pointless. 

Of course, it is the community on the GG Facebook page that really shines. You support each other, share tips, ask questions and give me the feeling of one big family as we "meet around the water cooler." Even though most of us only have an online relationship, I can't tell you how much I love it when I have the opportunity to meet you face-to-face.

So, today, I just wanted to thank you for being part of the GG community. I treasure you.





What about the community do you love best?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog