Thursday, October 23, 2014

TBT -- GMOs, RoundUp and Monsanto -- when will it end??

Here's an oldie but goody for Throwback Thursday. Here's what I had to say about GMOs, RoundUp, and Monsanto in February 2012. Nothing's changed since then.

There's poison in those soybeans! Look out!

I don't know about you, but I'm frustrated. And angry. And scared. The more I learn, the more upset I become.

When will we wise up? GMOs are NOT the way to go. Healthy-looking, weed-free lawns are not a sign of a responsible homeowner. Cleaners smelling like pine or lemon or fresh meadows are not an indication of a safely cleaned surface. The list could go on and on. And does.

Yesterday, I stopped by a friend's store and while speaking with her, an employee was cleaning ... with a mighty strong cleanser. The result for me? A night of severe fibromyalgia pain brought on by the toxins I breathed in while at the store. And that, quite honestly, makes me angry. It affected my night and my day so far. While I am better today, I'm still sluggish and treading carefully, so as not to aggravate the condition.

I didn't turn on my computer this morning. When I did, I went on Facebook and read the following, which added to my misery. Not that it shouldn't have been there, but the truths it contains makes me angrier and angrier. Monsanto is an evil corporation, despite what Bill Gates says. After all, Gates knows money. But does he understand poison?!

Here is what my friend, Allin Faragalli, of Leaf and Bud Naturals, wrote:

Ever hear of Roundup resistant Soybean? I assume you know what Roundup is, the toxic spray that has been banned because it is SOOO horribly toxic. It is used to kill weeds. You spray it on the leaves and it enters the plant and goes right to the roots. Kills the plant from the inside out so it can't come back. Most of Canada has banned it and there is a whole black market for it because conformed lawn lovers who think their lawn = life have decided this terrible poison that is poisoning waters, environment, humans (mostly our children and grandchildren) and animals is more important than having a weedy lawn or having to do some good ol' fashioned hard work ... That's not what this note is about ...

When you buy a soy product, (unless it is "certified" organic), whether all soy or just soy ingredients, there is a very very good chance (almost guaranteed) the plant that produced the soybeans was genetically modified. Specifically modified to not die when sprayed with Roundup. This enables farmers to spray weeds in hard to reach areas or simply to avoid having to do the hard work in tending to the weeds in the fields.

Farmers are under great pressures and not treated all that good these days. The extra hard work isn't wanted. Understandably! And they are being pushed to use these crops! ... Back on topic --> When a plant is sprayed with Roundup the poison enters the plant. The poison is now IN the soybean, which instead of dying, grows to harvest, is processed and ends up in our stomachs! The worst part is soy is pushed to be put in all our food. Try to find an item without soy something in it. It's hard! Kraft Peanut Butter for example is LOADED with soy oil. I just realized this a few days ago. I wanted a sandwich, but tried to skip the natural peanut butter 'cause I didn't want to make it sweet myself and because I grew up on the Kraft so Im addicted to the fake texture and taste ... Before creating this sandwich is when I saw the word soy ... I won't eat it now! Natural peanut butter for me! No hydrogenated, modified ingredients AND no Roundup! (It feels very odd to think there is Roundup in Peanut Butter ...) What I'm getting at is watch the soy intake. Don't eat unnecessary soy. It's tough to avoid, but take time and read ingredients on things before you buy. Then you'll see how much of this you are actually taking in. And you can get a different kind of cracker, cookie, cereal, salad dressing ... whatever it is.

Here's a scary fact ... it doesn't stop at soy. That's just one of the most commonly used GMO crops at the moment. Corn is another huge one that has a Roundup modification. Monsanto is one of the leading companies pushing and causing the world to harness the dangerous power of GM crops. Monsanto is poisoning the world's food supply with heavy pesticide use and untested GM crops

What Allin has presented here is a small overview of a HUGE problem. We have to stand against this. We have to get involved.

Please, please take action. Read this from Natural News:

The one man who may be responsible for more food related illnesses and deaths than anyone in history, Michael R. Taylor, has just been promoted from US Food Safety Czar to Senior Advisor to the Commissioner of the FDA, a position which would enable the giant biotech company Monsanto to silently and legally feed cancer causing vegetables to every living person who is not 100% strictly organic.

President Obama has appointed the former Monsanto Vice President and lobbyist Michael R. Taylor to the throne. This is the same man who was Food Safety Czar for the FDA when Genetically Modified Organisms were allowed into the US food supply without undergoing a single test to determine their safety or risks. This is like putting a terrorist in charge of the world's food supply. What will the cancer numbers look like in 2016? Read more

Do something. If you are a U.S. citizen, please sign this petition to President Obama. There are no political sides here. There is just one side -- the side of common sense safety and health for ourselves, our children and our children's children. The time to act is NOW.

Caring for the future for our kids and grandkids,










No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog