Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A mosque at Ground Zero

I'm a bit perturbed. Why is it that if we, as Americans, object to the building of a mosque a mere 600 feet from Ground Zero, words and titles are thrown about in reference to us, like 'racist,' 'intolerant,' 'right-wing radical,' etc., etc., etc.???

I, personally, am tired of being told that Muslims are peace-loving people and that Al Qaeda is an extremist group that holds different views than the majority of Muslims. Really?

Well then, let me ask you this: Why is it that Christianity is not tolerated in most of the Muslim countries and that violating the law by proclaiming Christ results in torture, imprisionment and/or DEATH? Are all those countries ruled by Al Qaeda? Where is the tolerance here?

As Americans, we're having the word 'tolerance' rammed down our throats on a daily basis. So much so, that it is no longer acceptable to hold an opinion outside of one that accepts all lifestyles and all religions...except, of course, those that relate to traditional Christian viewpoints. Why does the freedom of religion, which is a benchmark of our country, apply to nearly everyone except Christians?

Do I think Muslims should be allowed to worship in the U.S.? Of course. Should mosques be permitted? Certainly. That is not the issue.

If these "peace-loving" Muslims want to build a mosque in New York City, then they should have the sensitivity to build it somewhere other than a place where it will overshadow the spot where innocent lives (Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, atheist, secular materialist, etc.) were lost in the name of Allah. If you're buying into the propaganda that this has nothing to do with the terrorist attacks on our country, then ask yourself why the inauguration date for the mosque is 9/11/11? Really, folks, there isn't much to think about here. Let's commemorate the tenth anniversary of 9/11 by opening a brand new mosque overlooking the site of the worst terrorist attack in our country's history. Brilliant.

I realize I started this post with an error. I'm not perturbed...I'm fighting mad!! And it has nothing, whatsoever, to do with being intolerant or any of the other words you want to use against me. It has to do with compassion for those who lost their loved ones on that dark, dark Tuesday nearly nine years ago.

What does this have to do with my blog. Everything. Because if those of us who have belief systems contrary to what is widely accepted don't start standing up for what we believe, there's no point in creating a better environment for our children. If I was a gay parent, I'd be applauded for standing up for my life style choice and value system. If I was on a journey that led me to universalism, I'd have a movie made about me starring an outstanding Hollywood actress. But if I was a Christian making a stand for my faith, I'd be silenced in some countries, martyred in others, and at the very least, humiliated for my narrow-mindedness. Does anyone else see the imbalance here?

Well, guess what? I will not be silenced. My faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is the cornerstone of all that I do. It is the reason I care so much about the environment and about the health and well-being of the precious little ones whose lives are ultimately better when they're free of toxins and chemicals.

It is my hope and prayer that if you do not embrace the same faith as I do, you will continue to be a part of the Green Grandma community. You see, I am tolerant of others' beliefs and values. What I'm not tolerant of is intolerance toward my brothers and sisters in Christ.

Sharing my heart,

Hana

If you doubt any of what I'm saying, please take the time to view some YouTube videos on the subject of Christian persecution worldwide. Even if you are not a Christian, you will find these videos heart-wrenching as young girls are raped, young boys are burned alive, and all sorts of unimaginable horrors are inflicted on our fellow human beings simply because of what they believe. It's time to stop the intolerance of Christianity.

Photo by Det. Greg Semendinger

18 comments:

  1. Thank you Hana! I couldn't have said it any better & am 100% behind you on your beliefs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not have said it better! I was recently watching the Showtime special "The Tudors". I saw many similarities intoday's society. If you disagreed with the Catholic church you were burnt at the stake, if you disagreed with Henry's Church of England you were beheaded. Today if you disagree it's not called "freedom of speech" any more it's called "politically incorrect" I believe Anne Bolin was "politically incorrect". I agree with you 150%...keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you hear the inauguration will be 9-11-11? I think thats a rumor!
    What's your source on that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go, Hana!!!! Well said!!! I am in tears...I did not lose someone on 9/11.....BUT...I will never forget where I was, how I heard about it, or wonder about loved ones!!!! Tom WAS in the federal building that day and I was unable to get in touch with him! I was at work and heard reports of a bunch of planes going down all over the country! It was like the movie Independence Day! Very surreal! I think I cried for 2 weeks for the people lost and the families who lost loved ones!!! I too am for religious rights! BUT, when does the United States of America draw the line!!! Sorry for rambling....but I was touched and thought you should know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it is a rumor that the mosque will be opened on 9/11/11, than someone needs to tell the newspapers across the country that, from Tampa, to Buffalo to NYC -- the sources are countless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your views reflect a majority of the county's. To me there are plenty of places to put one, just not near a murder site, where the crime was committed by Moslim extremists.
    There are too many people that are adversely affected by the idea.
    Great sensitive post Green Grandma, you speak for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliantly written Green Grandma. I find it sad that so many people are missing the point about this particular Mosque. It is obvious that the person who thought the opening date of 9/11/11 was a rumor must not listen to news or read the newspaper. Perhaps he or she lives in a cave. I too am behind you 150% Green Grandma. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. To all of you who are taking the time to comment and/or offer support of my position...thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the inauguration date is nothing but a rumor and another way for the media to put fuel to the fire.

    to answer your question: Why is it that Christianity is not tolerated in most of the Muslim countries and that violating the law by proclaiming Christ results in torture, imprisionment and/or DEATH? Because they do not have freedom of religion like we do in the U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As to whether or not it is a rumor...I guess it depends on who you listen to. An awful lot of news reporters across the country are going to be looking for jobs if this is just a rumor, as you put it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Although it's not the most reliable of sources, the NY Post and other dailies in NYC have posted the opening date as 9/11/2011.

    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/mosque_madness_at_ground_zero_OQ34EB0MWS0lXuAnQau5uL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well said, Hana! I couldn't agree more. Thank you for having the courage to speak your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A Fox News poll released Friday found that 61 percent of voters think the Muslim group has the right to build a mosque in lower Manhattan.

    Then the article states that 64 percent think it would be "wrong" (even though they know they would be infringing on the rights of this moderate Islamic group). But do we base the decision on American laws or do we squash the rights of others by basing our laws on the majority of American's opinions nowadays?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Greetings from South Africa. We are behind you too! GOD bless you. The TRUTH will set you Free!!
    Can some American please open a FB page... We oppose Mosque at ground zero...perhaps your government will get a shock when they see how many "likes" there are worldwide.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for your comment Cedric. It's good to know our brothers and sisters across the globe support us in our opposition to the "victory monument" being built.

    There are several different FB pages about the mosque, but I think it would be more effective if you started an international one.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. As someone of Islamic background who doesn't follow her religion, i totally agree in regards to the injustices that happen to Christians in Islamic countries. These same counties perform atrocities against all minority groups not just Christians. Whether they are Muslim of a different sect or Muslim or the same sect with a differing opinion. the problem is they are intolerant to anything or anyone that may change the balance of power in their country. And the reason these unreasonable people remain in power to perform these atrocities is because the US provides funding to them and doesn't hold them accountable for the money they receive which in most cases should be going to the minority groups but finds its way to the personal Swiss accounts of America's so called friends. It is a known fact that those who are supposedly responsible for 911have been funded for years by the US govt. So if you want to oppose anything maybe we should start kicking up a fuss over not whether a mosque should be built at a particular site but rather that the US stop providing under the table deals to countries who continue to be intolerant to their country men for their beliefs and start actually funding things that matter... like education of the children in the US and fixing the problem of big business taking over our health and food industry...which are all topics that are close to the readers of this blog. We all know that isn't going to happen because the US govt knows what it is doing and why it is doing it and it is mainly to create fear. And it clearly is working. Get the masses to fear minority groups and the govt and big business can do what ever they like and give themselves the power to do what ever suits their bank balances while you are sitting in fear worried about whether a mosque is going to built in NY.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I appreciate your input here. While I am certainly not "sitting in fear worries about whether a mosque is going to be built in NY," I am frustrated with many things that are going on with our government. Thank you for taking the time to post such a thought-provoking response.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog