Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Promoting your business responsibly



When it comes to passing out promotional stuff, I struggle with the environmental factor. I'll be at the Allegheny Green and Innovation Festival on Sept. 28, 2013 and thought it might be a good idea to have some promos printed up with my logo to pass out. But again, the eco-conscious side of me said no. 

Then CustomEarthPromos.com contacted me and asked me to review some of their products. I agreed to do so, but was disappointed I couldn't have anything sent to me with my own logo, rather than someone else's. Still, I received some pretty nice stuff that, for the most part was useful. 

Opening the box was fun, as I discovered each new item. First there were the bags:




The recycled grocery bag designed for Yellowstone National Park is lovely. I really liked the sides of the bag where info about conservation and about the park is printed.



The extra large Urban Organics bag is going to be especially useful for large grocery orders, as it is sturdy and has a solid bottom. I just wish it had the GG logo on it instead of Urban Organics. 


There were three BPA-free plastic bottles in the mix. The two Earth Bottles had sleek designs and were as attractive as they were functional. They'd be a great product to display a business logo. The flat red plastic bag/bottle is interesting and would be convenient to clip on to a purse, backpack, or belt loop, but it's not something I can see me using.




The one item I received that I really have no use for is the lanyard, made of recycled water bottles. Again, if my own logo and website address was printed it on, I'd be eager to use it. But it's covered in CustomEarthPromos.com info. It is, however, sturdy and I love that it's made from the water bottles.




Of all the items I reviewed, I liked the seeded paper cards the best. They seemed the most practical for someone advertising a green business. I'm looking forward to planting the cards and enjoying the resulting blossoms. They are made from 100% recycled paper, soy-based inks (no, I didn't check if they were from GMO soy) water-based inks, and organic pigments. Each component of every product, and all aspects of their unique manufacturing process, enables the company to operate at the forefront of environmental responsibility. I guess that's why I like the company. Quality products that are eco-friendly. Of course, seeded paper leaves a lasting impression on recipients as it speaks loudly about your own commitment to being good to the Earth.

Bottom line -- if you have your own business, or you work for a company that uses promotional products, consider CustomEarthPromos.com for your next purchase. It's a great way to build your brand in an earth-friendly way.

Reviewing it for you and keeping it green,






No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog