Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Not the way I planned it

Yesterday was our family Christmas celebration, with far too many presents, laughing (and sometimes crying) kiddos and lots of food. Oh, and a horrific sore throat, swollen glands and a fever that hit 102.4. That was how my day progressed. By the time we sat down to the dinner I made, I couldn't eat it. My throat was too swollen and sore to swallow the food. What a disappointment. And the honey/ACV didn't help ... at all. I ended up excusing myself and heading to bed.

I woke up today with that dry-mouth-tongue-stuck-to-the-roof-of-my-mouth crap, a sore throat, fever of 100.4 and an ocular migraine. I took a shower and went back to bed. Now, I'm feeling a bit better ... and I'm feeling optimistic. The fever broke, so maybe this was a 24 hour thing and I'll be feeling just dandy by this evening. That would be a perk, as there's still quite a mess to clean up from yesterday's festivities.

Don't you hate when things don't go as planned?

Sharing my day ... but not my germs,

Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog