Monday, June 10, 2013

Making my head spin

To Do list. Image by Anna Langova

Did you ever have so much going on that it puts you in a mild panic? Yeah, that's me right now. I've been sick, which is slowing me down, and I'm behind on a novel I'm editing for a client; I have voice over work due on Wednesday, but don't have much of a voice right now; have to lead my writers' group tonight; and I want to keep up with the blog. Looking ahead, I have company arriving on Saturday for five days (worst timing EVER); have my first meeting of a new writers' group I'm leading that Monday; leave for a conference on the day they leave (I'm teaching 3 workshops and am on the faculty panel discussion); and then head to Chicago for three days for a blogging event the day after I arrive home from the writing conference. Plus, my mom's house is finally on the market and when it sells, we'll have 30 days to go and clean it out, which could be at any time. Seriously?! The stress level is high.

As I look at that list, I get panicky. How will I ever accomplish everything? And then, I'm reminded of that saying, "One day at a time." 

Each day, I'll be focusing on what needs to be done on that day. Sometimes, the list will be too long to spend time blogging. That's where you come in. Over the next few weeks, I would love to have a bunch of guest bloggers. If you're up for the challenge, email me at greengrandma@comcast.net. I'm looking for posts about environmental issues, parenting experiences, birth stories, and some new perspectives for Vinegar Fridays. 

For now, I'm off to plan an agenda for tonight's meeting. Looking forward to hearing from you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog