Monday, October 18, 2010

The Sabbath Experiment -- week four

The lovely little Lady Laura turns 2

It was quite a weekend, starting out with my appearance on the John & Kathy Show on WORD-FM in Pittsburgh, which I must say went well. Fifteen minutes is not a long time to get my points across and I skipped over some things I wanted to say, but overall I was happy with the interview.

On Saturday, we celebrated my granddaughter's second birthday. It was such a fun time. The lovely little Lady Laura was delighted with all of the attention, and remained sweet throughout the evening...so sweet that I asked if she could spend the night, which she did.

Waking up on Sunday morning and starting my Sabbath day with her sweet presence was the best thing ever. She truly seemed to appreciate all that had been done for her the day before and she and I had a lovely time getting dressed and ready for church. We both even wore purple dresses so we could match. My husband had to leave the house at 8:30, on one of those rare, rare times he wasn't able to go to church, so the morning was just the two of us -- birthday girl and so-in-love-with-her Grandma. We called my mother so she could wish Laura a happy birthday and we spent some time primping in front of the mirror.

Then we headed to church where Laura touched my heart, and many others, I suppose, when she lifted her hands toward heaven as we sang a worship song. What a precious blessing she is. After I took her down to the nursery, I got to hold my seven-week-old grandson, Lincoln, who looked up at me and babbled his precious baby babble, complete with giggles...and eventually a cry for mama to take him back and get that diaper changed...that cloth diaper, by the way. I let her handle that.

Two of my daughters, my grandchildren, and I headed out to lunch...a rare day when all the men were working. Then we hit the mall, which may or may not have been a good thing to do on the Sabbath. We had a good time, though, and then I enjoyed the evening with my husband. All-in-all it was a weekend that revived my spirit.

There is a lot of sadness around lately. Last week, a friend lost his 46-year-old sister to brain cancer. Then over the weekend, two friends lost parents. Life is so tough sometimes. That's why a weekend like this past one is good for the soul. Family, friends, fun, worship, rest....I am more than ready to face the week ahead. The only problem I'm having is that I am missing the sweet smile of the lovely little Lady Laura and the gentle cooing of little Lord Lincoln.

Remembering the Sabbath,

Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog