Tuesday, October 26, 2010

An interview and some good food

Yesterday, I promised you some recipes. So I'm posting them below. While you're whipping up some balsamic vinagrette for your salad, or chopping veggies for your stew, why not listen to the interview I did on October 15th on WORD-FM in Pittsburgh?

Enjoy!

Hana's Sausage Stew

1 lb. smoked sausage (I prefer Hillshire's)
8-10 small to medium onions, quartered
4-5 carrots, sliced
6-8 small to medium potatoes, sliced
1 tsp. marjoram
1/4 cup red wine vinegar (you knew I had to work vinegar in somehow!)
4 to 6 oz. of beer (optional)
enough water to cover

Slice sausage in 1/2" slices and brown in bottom of large stew pot. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Turn down heat and simmer for 4-5 hours.

You can also cook this at a higher heat for 2-3 hours, but I prefer the slow cooking method. This actually just gets better the longer it cooks, so if you want to have your house smelling absolutely delicious for an entire day, start cooking it in the morning.

Add water as needed. You want to have enough broth to dip some fresh baked rolls in!

Balsamic Vinaigrette

1/4 cup organic balsamic vinegar
1 TBSP fresh minced garlic (I love the jarred garlic)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 TBSP dijon mustard
1 TBSP dark brown sugar (optional)
3/4 cup olive oil

Add ingredients to a jar with a tight fitting lid and shake well. Toss with fresh salad greens. This is not only delicious, but has some of those wonderful health benefits that accompany vinegar.

Hmm. I'm thinking I should have saved this post for Friday!!

Keeping it yummy...with vinegar, no less!

Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog