While it's nearly impossible to know what all the hidden chemicals are in the personal care products we use, we can at least read the labels and steer clear of certain ingredients we may find there.
Here's a list of what you should avoid and why:
- Parabens (methyl-, propyl-, and isobutyl)
- endocrine disruptors
- PEG and ingredients ending with -eth
- suspected human carcinogen
- Triethanolamine (TEA)
- may be contaminated by a possible carcinogen, nitrosamine
- Triclosan and Triclocarbon
- healthwise -- toxic to your thyroid
- environmental-wise -- takes a really long time to fade away
- Hydroxy Acids (AHAs, BHAs, lactic and glycolic acid)
- weakens the outer layer of skin which makes the skin more vulnerable to ultraviolet rays and other hazards
Stay healthy, friends.