Monday, May 3, 2010

Not what I had planned

Did you ever have your day planned out, only to be thrown a curve ball? That's what happened to me yesterday. The plan was to get my grandbaby up and ready for church, as she spent the night with us on Saturday, and then head over to welcome our minister back, who was stuck in England during the whole volcano thing. After church, some of my kids planned to join us for lunch at a local restaurant. It's one Sunday tradition I wouldn't give up for the world....or in this case, for a 24-hour stomach virus.

Sparing you the details (you're welcome), from about 6:30 a.m. on, I spent the majority of my day in the bathroom. Not pleasant. I got a hold of my daughter around 7:50 and told her she'd have to come get Laura. My husband adores his 18-month-old granddaughter, but to expect him to change her cloth diaper (when his children were babies, they used disposables), brush her hair and put her in the adorable little dress her Aunt Bethany bought her. I knew that was asking a bit much. Besides, as my sickness progressed, it became obvious he wasn't going to church either. The threat hung over us all day that maybe we'd have to go to the ER. And maybe I should have.

The point of all this is we can't always assume our plans will work out. Sometimes life gets in the way. So we just have to learn to 'go with the flow' as they say. Life is a lot more peaceful when we choose that path.

The bottom line is: It's not all about us. We're just a small speck in a huge universe. When we keep things in perspective, it all works out eventually.

Think I'll head back to bed now....

Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog