Friday, October 7, 2016

Vinegar Friday -- It's about that smell

TGIVF!


"But I hate the smell of vinegar!" 

I've heard that comment frequently since I started blogging about vinegar. I understand. 

Here's the thing: the smell of distilled white vinegar (DWV) dissipates quickly.

"I don't want my laundry smelling like vinegar!" 

It won't. If you add it to your rinse cycle, the smell will dissipate in the dryer or on the line. Nothing will smell like vinegar as you fold your laundry and put it away. Nothing. And that sure beats the lingering aroma of toxic fabric softeners.

"I don't want my hair smelling like vinegar!" 

Of course not. No one does. But when you rinse your hair with vinegar (whether no-pooing or simply replacing your conditioner with vinegar), the smell of vinegar is gone by the time your hair is dry. Just like with your laundry.

"I wish I could clean with vinegar, but I just can't stand the smell of it."

Fair enough. Here's a handy, dandy tip for you to help you maintain your goal of cleaning your home without toxic chemicals. Throw some citrus peels into a jar and cover them with DWV. Close the jar and let it stew for a couple of weeks. Then strain the citrus-infused vinegar into a spray bottle or a bucket and voila! you can breathe in the fresh lemon, orange, lime, or grapefruit scents as you clean and disinfect your bathrooms, kitchen, floors, etc. It might even smell good enough to drink!

Keeping it green with vinegar,








For more vinegar tips, check out my book, Vinegar Fridays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog