Thursday, October 6, 2016

Thursday's Truths & Tidbits -- why I've had the same underwear for over 15 years!


Welcome back to Thursday's Truths & Tidbits. 


Image courtesy of Linnaea Mallette
You didn't think I was going to post a pic of my undies on the line, did you?

Today, I have a tip for you: Line dry your underwear.

It's as simple as that. Even if you don't line dry your sheets (you're missing out on something really special there), your bras and undies don't belong in the dryer. Ever.

Line drying is kinder to the environment for more reasons than one. Yes, it helps not to have to run an electric or gas dryer. But there's something more. When you wash delicates in cold water and hang them on the line to dry, you greatly extend the life of each piece. That means you don't have to keep replacing things like underpants, bras, camisoles, and nightgowns. And that, my friends, is common sense green living. Not only is it environmentally friendly, but it's awfully kind to your wallet as well.

And it doesn't matter if your clothesline is outside or stretched across your laundry room. The goal isn't to have sun-kissed, wind dried undies (although that's awfully nice). The goal is to protect the elastic and delicate fabric from the dryer. 

As I was hanging my 15+-year-old underwear on the line this morning, I couldn't help thinking about how much money I saved by investing in good underwear and never, ever putting it in the dryer.

And that is today's tip for greener living. 

Keeping it green on the clothesline,







No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog