Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thursdays Truths and Tidbits

My grandson, Lincoln, playing outside
Just when I thought I could breathe again (post tax day, etc.), I find myself with too much to do on my to-do list. Ever feel like that? Of course, blogging is on the list, pretty close to the top. 

But I don't have time, I protest.

Make time, Green Grandma insists.

Uh oh, my DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder) is showing through!

Anyway, I came across some interesting articles while scrolling down my FB page today (you know that takes precedence!), and I thought I'd share some links with you. That way, you can read them for yourselves. Sound like a fair deal?

First of all, I was appalled by this one. Apparently, the BP oil spill in the Gulf is continuing to wreak havoc on our marine life. Eyeless shrimp, anyone?


I warned you about this before. The dangers of triclosan, especially for children, are very real. More and more experts are agreeing. Keep your kiddos away from antibacterial soap!


Do you remember when you were a kid and you spent hours outside, sometimes playing, gasp, in the dirt? Did your mommy ever rush you inside to scrub you down with antibacterial soap? Probably not. Did you die? Nope. Kids need to have time for creative outdoor play. And often, that means they're going to get dirty. Period. 
According to researchers, preschoolers “need at least 60 minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity daily.” The question is: How often do they really get that?


I hope you took the time to check out the above articles. And I hope you have a marvelous day!

Feel free to post a comment linking to other articles you think might be of interest to our readers! What headlines have caught your eye lately?

More info on triclosan:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog