Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The peaceful kingdom

I've been spending a little bit of time 'unwinding' from having company for the past week. It was a good week, but I found I needed some time to myself this morning after they left, so I soaked in the tub and read for awhile, ate a leisurely breakfast, washed the sheets and towels, and sat in the recliner, praying and reading. Now, I'm sitting in that same recliner, with a cat sleeping across my legs and a couple of candles burning on the table beside me. It's quiet, it's warm and it's lovely.

I was reading from the book of Isaiah this morning and wanted to share this passage with you because I found it to be beautiful and encouraging. I hope that it speaks to your heart as well. Isaiah 11:6-9:

The wolf shall live with the lamb,
the leopard shall lie down with the kid,
the calf and the lion and the fatling together,
and a little child shall lead them.
The cow and the bear shall graze,
their young shall lie down together;
and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
The nursing child shall play over the hole of the asp,
and the weaned child shall put its hand on the adder's den.
They will not hurt or destroy
on all my holy mountain;
for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD
as the waters cover the sea.

Isn't that marvelous. The peaceful kingdom, as it was designed to be and will be again.

I hope this imagery will carry you through the day.

Looking forward to the day when the earth is no longer polluted and we all will live in peace,

Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog