Monday, November 22, 2010

The Sabbath Experiment -- week 8

Life is a bit upside down right now. Well, not completely, but it is a little out of whack.

I headed to my hometown on Friday with my daughter, Jess, and granddaughter, the lovely little Lady Laura. On Saturday, I presented a talk on Freelance Writing to the Lancaster Christian Writers, who, by the way, was a delightful group of people and a very receptive audience.

I stopped by my friend, Trudi's, shop in Lititz on the way home. If you are ever in the Lancaster County area, you really need to visit Heavenly Soaps and Scents. She also sells online, so feel free to visit her website...be warned, however -- her baby merchandise is the cutest ever!! And she stocks lots of goodies for adults as well.

I got back to my mom's in time to head back out to run some errands...quick trips to the celery farm and grocery store before I picked up my cousin, Kelly, who accompanied me on the two-hour drive to the Baltimore airport to pick up my sister, Tina. Then it was back to Manheim where I could finally relax. Phew. Are you tired yet?

Finally got to sleep around one a.m., dreamt about losing a rattle snake in the house and slept in late for the first time in a long time.

So that takes us to the Sabbath day. It was a bit more restful than Saturday, but missed the boat on my intentions for it.

Fortunately, I was able to work in a two-hour visit with my very best friend, Dawn. We have been best friends for 48 years now...isn't that grand?!

I also drove to the Lancaster train station and bid farewell to Jess and Laura as they boarded the west bound Amtrak for Laura's first ever train ride.

As I pulled up to my childhood home, my sister, Carolyn, was unloading her car out front. We were all here now. Three sisters and a mom who was preparing to get a new knee the next day (Monday).

Dinner, conversations, a bit of Internet browsing and early bed times wrapped it all up.

Was it restful. Not really. But like I said, things are a little out of whack right now. Today, I'll spend the day at the hospital with my sisters as my mom undergoes a two-to-three-hour surgery. It's going to be a bit tense and I just pray it all goes well.

So that's it. Maybe by next Sunday I'll be back on track. With the holidays upon us, I think I will find this Sabbath experiment a bit more challenging...after all, while it may be the most wonderful time of the year, it is also the most busy time of the year.

Sharing my Sabbath experiences with you,

Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog