Tuesday, December 15, 2015

The healthcare nightmare... maybe this is a solution

The healthcare deadline is looming (it's hours away). My healthcare costs have risen dramatically, which caused me to look for alternatives. With the high deductibles, premiums, and co-pays, it really isn't healthcare insurance anymore. It's just a gamble if I ever end up hospitalized for an extended amount of time.


A friend told me about Christian health cost sharing programs and I've been doing some research. Endless hours of research, actually. And I think I'm sold. At least for 2016. I'm going to sign up with Christian Healthcare Ministries, although I haven't yet determined if I'm going with the gold, silver, or bronze program. The cost sharing program is not insurance, but it allows me to not pay the fine for not having insurance since, through the program, I'd be exempt for religious reasons.

While I will be paying nearly all of my medical expenses out of pocket, Christian Healthcare Ministries does assist in negotiating healthcare discounts for its members.

If you, too, are looking for an alternative to the healthcare nightmare I've found myself in as someone who is self-employed, I encourage you to look into health cost sharing. It just might be the answer you're looking for.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog