Saturday, May 30, 2015

In need of down time

My backyard pond is one of my favorite spots in the world

If you've noticed, I've been a bit hit-or-miss lately. For that, I truly apologize. I've just needed a break. March, April, and May were busy months for me. I was on the faculty for writing conferences each of those months, which absorbs a lot of my time and energy. As wonderful as conferences are, they're also exhausting. By the time I returned from the one a couple of weeks ago, I was wiped out, both physically and mentally. 

Taking care of ourselves is important. As parents, you know what it's like to give of yourselves sacrificially to the point of burnout. That's why you need to prioritize and realize that many things left undone simply aren't that important. Give yourself a break. You're doing the best you can, and sometimes you're doing way too much. It's okay to say no sometimes. 

While those of you in the Green Grandma community may miss my daily posts when absent, I know you understand, and I thank you for that. I'm refreshed now and plan to put the blog back on the priority list. Hope you're looking forward to that as much as I am.

In the meantime, enjoy your weekend. Take some time to refresh your spirit. Remember, even Jesus valued down time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog