Tuesday, May 13, 2014

In need of a few more hours to the day

 
One of those days . . . when my kids were young!


Do you ever feel overwhelmed? Of course, you do! Many of you are moms with young kids and the demands on your time are, well, overwhelming. While I don't have any young ones at home, I'm still feeling stressed by too much to do. 

I'm boarding a train in Pittsburgh at 7:30 Thursday morning, heading for Lancaster for the annual Pennwriters Conference. I'm on the faculty again this year, so there is much to do in preparation. I can't believe this mid-May conference is in just a couple of days. Where does time go? 

In the meantime, I'm trying to catch up with my work so I can 1) keep my clients happy, and 2) pay my bills. The juggling act is tough sometimes. 

Then there are the family obligations. My grandchildren have been sick and there have been multiple trips to the ER and Urgent Care facilities. My oldest, who is only five, was finally diagnosed -- mono. Not what we wanted to hear. Her mommy has strep. At least that's treatable. 

Why am I sharing all of this? I guess I just needed to rant for a bit. Plus, sometimes it's good to know we're in this together, don't you think? While you may have piles of laundry waiting to be folded and put away, I have narrations that need to be edited and sent off to the client. You have dishes filling the sink and counters? I have editing projects piled in my to-do slot. Your kids need your attention? My clients need attention. 

While our lives are not the same exactly, in many ways they are. It's kind of like apples and oranges. And from this busy grandma, let me tell you, I understand.

Wishing you some relaxation and peaceful moments,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog