Friday, February 24, 2012

Vinegar Friday and some tips from fans

TGIVF!!

This is the first Friday of the annual Lenten Fish Fry season. Do you know what that means? Lots of malt vinegar will be sprinkled on fish all over Pittsburgh, and probably where you live as well. How cool is that? Lenten Fridays are truly Vinegar Fridays! And that just makes me smile.


Do you know what else makes me smile? Vinegar tips from community members! I love that you want to share your own discoveries with me. Of course, I don't want to keep these delectable goodies to myself, so here are some more ways vinegar fits right into everyday life!

Jill wrote to tell me about her daughter's adventures with an unlit candle and ... the television screen. Uh oh! Guess how she got the waxy artwork off the TV? You got it! Vinegar!!

Jessica wrote the following on the Green Grandma's Vinegar Fridays Facebook wall: Best vinegar tip lately ... apparently you can drink a small shot of apple cider vinegar to help control diabetic blood sugar spikes. I currently have gestational diabetes and I haven't had to use any medication because of a little vinegar before bed. Woo hoo!

Woo hoo, indeed!! Yea, Jessica!

Another one from Jill: I'm getting rid of our yucky fireplace smell with vinegar today. Vinegar Tuesday!

Do you have an awesome vinegar tip to share? Leave a comment here or post it on the Facebook page so I can share it with the rest of the community on an upcoming Vinegar Friday.

Keeping it green with vinegar,

Hana




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog