Monday, February 6, 2012

Moving furniture and a gingerbread house



It was a busy weekend. Not the kind of busy where we were running around everywhere, but the kind where we barely had a chance to sit down. Why? Well, awhile back we decided to switch out living room and dining room to accommodate our growing family at holiday dinners. We simply did not fit comfortably around the table in the dining room. So ... the process began. And it wasn't as easy as one might think.

The good news is, it's done! Whew. Thank God for our magical furniture slider discs! If you've never tried them, they are well worth the investment! We've had ours (I think they are the Moving Men brand) for years, but if I was buying a new set, I would definitely go with the As Seen on TV EZ Moves sliders, because they come with the oh so nifty furniture lifters. I wish we'd had one of them for our room switch endeavor.


This takes some real concentration!

Good things about the move: It looks really nice, family dinners will be more comfortable, and entertaining around the table (eating and playing games) in front of the fireplace will be lovely. Bad things: the couch does not fit in the old dining room. I'm going to miss watching TV from the couch in front of the fireplace : (   We have a couch and loveseat in the family room where we can watch TV, however, and since we watch very little TV, we'll adjust.

My daughter, Jess, and her friend, Jill, dropped off my grandbaby, the lovely little Lady Laura, for the night last evening and Jill said pictures of the house need to be in a magazine. So I guess it was a win from her perspective.

Have to get some finger licking in!
 Yesterday was a much more relaxed day then Saturday (it was the Sabbath after all). We went to church and out to lunch with the kids, grandkids and our friend, Sue. Then when we got home, I had some minor decorating touches to finish up. I made a yummy balsamic vinegar smoked sausage, mushroom, onion and garlic dish for dinner last night, with fresh asparagus and pasta, which Laura loved. After dinner, we put together and decorated a gingerbread house that came from a kit my cousin, Kelly, bought for Laura for Christmas. What a messy process! But Laura had fun, which is what matters.

Then, Laura and I camped out in the living room for the night while Bill went up to bed. Result? Laura slept ... me, not so much. Our cat, Vincent, did not acclimate to this change and decided to run around meowing throughout the night. Guess who's not getting any treats today?!

So, now Laura is watching Little Einsteins, (by far, my favorite children's show) and I'm trying to get a little bit done before we get dressed and head out to breakfast.

It was another good Sabbath, made extra sweet by the lovely little Lady Laura.

Sharing it with you,

Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog