Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Review It Wednesday -- Turn out the lights!



"Turn out the light!" I remember repeating endlessly to my kids as they were growing up. If only I had introduced the habit to them when they were small. But, then again, I couldn't really do that, since they couldn't reach the light switch and I didn't want them climbing up on things to do so.

This is a dilemma parents no longer have to face. There is a solution!

About a month ago, I came across a product online that intrigued me. It was called a KidSwitch. I had never heard of anything like it before and, after reading about it, knew I had to try it out ... or at least have my granddaughter, Laura, try it.

So I contacted the company and after a couple of emails back and forth, Greg O'Sullivan, from KidSwitch, agreed to send me (at no charge, of course) two switch extenders to try.


See how easy it is for 3-year-old little Laura
to turn off the light in the bathroom?


What is a KidSwitch? It is a glow-in-the-dark light switch extender that gives toddlers and young children a little bit of independence and responsibility ... and helps them establish a good habit!

The KidSwitch gives Laura some independence, which in turn, boosts her confidence a bit. She doesn't have to yell for Mommy or Daddy to turn on the light in her bedroom or in the bathroom. And, she's already developing the excellent habit of turning off lights when she leaves those rooms.



Since the KidSwitch glows in the dark, it also provides a comforting nightlight for Laura as she sleeps. She falls asleep easily, knowing she can find her way to the light if she needs to get up during the night. An added perk is that she can play quietly in her room for awhile if she wakes before the sun ... and before her mommy!

"I can do it myself!"
According to their website, and my personal observations, the KidSwitch
  • Teaches energy saving habits (love that!!)
  • Builds self confidence
  • Saves money
  • Is simple to install (all you need is a screwdriver for toggle switch and no tools at all for a Decora switch)
The KidSwitch extends down 12" from the light switch. Your littles ones simply push the moon up to turn on the lights and pull down to turn them off. While it's not made for hanging on, the KidSwitch is durable and holds up well to children's pushing and pulling.

Kids love the KidSwitch! And moms do, too, as is evident on Buzzillions.com where it was rated the #1 Child Safety Product 5 years in a row! And in October 2005, Parenting Magazine named it one of 201 "great finds" in their Special Mom-Tested Issue.

Really, what's not to love about this product. Starting at just $8.95 for a single pack, this is a real bargain. No little ones at home anymore? The holidays are quickly approaching, and this is one gift both parents, and kids, will appreciate! If you enter the code blog10 at checkout, you'll get a special discount! Also, take advantage of the free shipping offer for purchases of 3 or more.

For Laura, and for me, the KidSwitch gets two green thumbs up!

Reviewing it for you,

Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog