Friday, November 11, 2011

Friday's 3Rs -- filtered water, anyone?

Ahhh, Internet problems. Don't you love 'em?

It is 12:40 p.m. and this is the first time I've been online today. I'm pretty sure my blood pressure is up and I'm fighting a headache. Too bad those of us who are self-employed can't all afford full-time IT people! I sure need someone to take care of all these problems for me, so I can focus on my work.

That said, today's post will be very short.

It's Friday and today I want to zone in on reduce, as in less waste. For this, I want to give two green thumbs up to Fairmont Hotel in downtown Pittsburgh, where I had the pleasure of staying last night.

I was pleasantly surprised to discover a large glass water bottle in my room. The bottle is there so guests can fill it with filtered water from a dispenser next to the ice machine on each floor. I was staying on the 17th floor and walking down the hall to the small room with the ice and water was always a delight, because the floor to ceiling window provided a spectacular view of the city, one of the rivers and PNC Park, one of the most beautiful ballparks in the country.

Why does Fairmount go to the trouble to have filtered water dispensers on every floor? Quite simply, to avoid the necessity of offering the guests bottled water. No bottled water means less plastic waste ... much less plastic waste. For that, I give the Fairmont two green thumbs up!

Keeping it out of the landfill,

Hana

1 comment:

  1. You don't have to publish this comment - but you might want to change your text. I'm super jealous that you got to stay at the Fairmont (not Fairmount). :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog