Friday, July 12, 2013

Vinegar Friday -- a little to the left, please

TGIVF!

Something woke me up early this morning (around 5 a.m. to be more precise). It was itching. Intense itching. The kind of itching that is not relieved no matter how hard you scratch. 

A few days ago, while sitting out on the patio at my late mother's home, I got bit. By what, I'm not sure. When the bumps first showed up, followed by the inevitable itching, I assumed they were mosquito bites. Now, I'm not so sure. I'm thinking spider bites. Nasty, nasty spider bites. 

I tried various ointments on the bites, hoping in vain for some relief from the itching. Nothing worked. And the itching has intensified with each passing day. When I woke up at Mom's yesterday, I thought the itching would drive me out of my mind. So, I did what Green Grandma should have done in the first place -- I reached for the apple cider vinegar. And guess what? It worked! It took away the itching immediately and the relief lasted for a good six hours or so. But then, the itching came back with a vengeance. Problem was, my husband and I were traveling at the time and I didn't have access to any ACV. It was dreadful. We were walking around Bedford, PA and later, around Ligonier, and I was in misery. I actually dragged the top of my foot along some cement for relief (not advisable... bleeding became another problem).

Anyway, when I woke up this morning, I simply headed into the bathroom, applied the ACV with a cotton ball, and went back to bed. Relief. Ahh. I applied it again around 10 a.m. and will repeat the process before heading out this afternoon. I'm even thinking about putting an ACV-saturated cotton ball in a pill container in my purse, just in case.

So, there's your VF tip for this week. Itchy? Skip the hydrocortisone and reach for the apple cider vinegar. A little dab'll do ya!

Keeping it green and soothed with vinegar,


 






Disclaimer: Of course, I'm not a medical professional, so this is not medical advice. This tip, along with the many other tips I've offered, are just from my own personal experience with the wonders of vinegar. When in doubt, always check with a medical professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog