Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Some favorite product reviews


It's Review It Wednesday and my review is going to be a short one today. I have a pile of work to complete and I'm heading out to Chuck E. Cheese this evening with my daughters and grandchildren. This is our annual tradition, in lieu of trick or treating, since we don't celebrate Halloween. I started doing this with my children back in the mid-to-late 70s and they still talk about it as being one of, if not their most, favorite tradition! They never felt as if they missed out on anything by not doing what the other kids were doing. When they were 7 and 9, we became part of a blended family. My husband and his daughters always participated in trick or treat, so we had a bit of a dilemma. A year or two after we married, I decided to give Bethany and Jessica a choice. They could either go trick or treating with their stepsister, Mindy, or they could go to CEC with me. After a day or so of deliberation, they decided to stick with our family tradition. My husband, in hind sight, now agrees with me about Halloween, and he would choose otherwise for his kids if he had the chance to do it over again. If you want to know more about why I feel this way, please read Taking Candy from Strangers, A Halloween Party Pooper, A Little Innocent Fun, Part One, and A Little Innocent Fun, Part Two.


But back to RIW. 

Actually, I'm just going to post a few more links to some past reviews I believe are worthy of revisiting. These are products I'm still using and loving even more than when I first reviewed them. I hope the reviews will help you make greener choices!


0Green Child Magazine -- this is a review of their first issue. Since then, they've incorporated a wonderful column with each issue... Ask Green Grandma!! So, if you have any questions you'd like to see answered in the column, please email me and I'll try to answer them for you in an upcoming edition of the magazine. 


A Warning about Fluoride -- Leaf 'n Bud Naturals sent me some Green Beaver toothpastes to try. What a perfect time to expound on the dangers of fluoride!

GreenPan -- Another warning. This time it's about Teflon. But I offer a non-stick solution in this review.

Well, that seems like enough for one day, don't you think? 

Reviewing it for you,


Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog