Friday, October 5, 2012

Green Grandma on the receiving end of an interview

I was thrilled to be interviewed by Amity Hook-Sopko, editor of Green Child Magazine. Here is an excerpt from the interview, which was posted on their website on October 1st.




Vinegar Fridays: An Interview with Green Grandma


You know Hana Haatainen Caye, as The Green Grandma – Green Child Magazine’s own green living and cleaning go-to source.  She’s also a wife, mother, and grandmother who shares her passion for common sense green and healthy living.  Hana’s book, Vinegar Fridays, came from the most popular section of her blog.

Hana is no stranger to answering questions and dishing out helpful advice.  In this Q & A, she gets to talk about herself for once!

GCM:  Tell us more about Vinegar Fridays and how your blog inspired you to write it.

Green Grandma:  Six months after I started my blog, I launched a weekly feature called Vinegar Fridays. Every Friday, I wrote about vinegar and its many uses and purposes. One year later, I was sitting at my desk staring at a blank screen and thinking, “I have nothing else to say about vinegar!”

I guess I had vinegar burnout, so I wrote a poem to the Green Grandma community announcing the end of Vinegar Fridays. That didn’t go over too well! People were emailing me and calling me saying, “You can’t quit Vinegar Fridays!” So I made them a promise that someday I would put together all the posts into a book. And that’s what I did.


To read the rest of the interview, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog