Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Opening the gates


Photo by Teodoro S. Gruhl
 I try to maintain an attitude of gratitude throughout the year. Sometimes I succeed, and other times I fail miserably. With Thanksgiving being celebrated here in the U.S. this coming Thursday, I am making a concerted effort to cultivate this attitude throughout the week ... and I'm relying on the book of Psalms to help me do just that.

I invite you to join me in my journey of thankfulness. It started on Sunday when I heard rumours of glory. But who is the King of glory? He is the one deserving of my praise.

The earth is the Lord's, and all it contains,
The world, and those who dwell in it.
For He has founded it upon the seas,
And established it upon the rivers.
Who may ascend into the hill of the Lord?
And who may stand in His holy place?
He who has clean hands and a pure heart,
Who has not lifted up his soul to falsehood,
And has not sworn deceitfully.
He shall receive a blessing from the Lord
And righteousness from the God of his salvation.
This is the generation of those who seek Him,
Who see Thy face -- even Jacob.

Lift up your heads, O gates,
And be lifted up, O ancient doors,
That the King of glory may come in!
Who is the King of glory?
The Lord strong and mighty,
The Lord mighty in battle.
Lift up your heads, O gates,
And lift them up, O ancient doors,
That the King of glory may come in!
Who is this King of glory?
The Lord of hosts,
He is the King of glory.

-- PSALM 24                                                        

      
Laying down a foundation of praise to the King of glory, the Creator of the earth,

Hana                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog