Wednesday, November 9, 2011

For boo boos, infections, ouchies, bruises and itchies! What is it?




Another Review It Wednesday has rolled around. This week I want to praise the virtues of a product I received, at no charge, about 6 weeks ago. Often when I receive a product, I post a review fairly quickly. However, I felt I really needed to test this product on a variety of conditions before I wrote anything about it.

It claims to be the answer for boo boos, infections, ouchies, bruises and itchies. The list of conditions it helps to heal includes:
  • muscle pain
  • swelling
  • arthritis
  • minor eczema
  • diaper rash
  • chicken pox
  • acne
  • dermatitis
  • stings
  • thrush
  • cold sores
  • inflammation
  • cracked heels
  • small cuts and grazes
  • dry hands
  • bruises
  • minor burns
  • psoriasis
  • rashes
  • mosquito bites
  • cradle cap
  • minor infection
Whew! What is this magic stuff? It's called Multi Healing Balm (appropriate name) and it's one little tube that claims to be the 'go to balm' for when you know you need to apply something but you're not sure what.

What's in this miracle cream? Multi Healing Balm contains New Zealand Manuka and Kanuka Oils used in traditional Maori medicine to 'heal.' Similar to Tea Tree Oil, but gentler for the skin, Multi Healing Balm includes anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties.

I read up on the Multi Healing Balm, but reading wasn't going to give me what I needed for a review. So I tried it. And my husband tried it. And, other than Bill complaining a little bit about the smell initially, we liked it. It worked. My rough, dry hands softened. Bug bites stopped itching and healed quickly. Minor rashes disappeared.

"It works, and that's what counts," Bill just said to me, when I questioned him about not liking the smell. And he's right. I'm not overly fond of the smell myself. But that's just a matter of personal preference. And at least it's natural and not full of chemicals.

The big test for me involved shaving. I get terrible razor burn in sensitive areas, and break out in painful rashes. I decided to give the Multi Healing Balm a try after shaving one day. I smeared it on and discovered a little bit goes a long way. Day one ... no rash. Day two ... no rash. Day three ... no rash. Woo hoo! I couldn't be happier. A few small spots appeared on the fourth day, but they were minor. I applied the cream for three days in a row and was basically free of any rashes related to shaving. For me, this makes it a miracle cream!

Honestly, I didn't try it for swelling or athlete's foot or a bunch of other conditions it claims to treat. But everything I did try it for worked. Really.

The Multi Healing Balm was created by Jodee Reid, a Pittsburgh mother of four, who was concerned about how to safely treat all the skinned knees and bruises that come naturally to active kids. The balm cleans, heals and protects broken skin with its antiseptic and anti inflammatory properties.

Manuka and kanuka oils from New Zealand were used in traditional Maori medicine to 'heal' and were known for their anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. This is what makes them the ideal first defense against normal childhood skin injuries.

Creating the balm to address her children's injuries, Jodee, a qualified beauty therapist, also realized how this could be the perfect balm for the entire family. "Pure essential oils can be wonderful in supporting the skin's natural response to healing," she says. "However, used incorrectly they can be incredibily toxic. We have created the perfect ratio of pure essential manuka and kanuka oils combined with a natural cream base so you are safe in the knowledge that you can promote natural healing of the skin without over using the essential oils.

For me, I feel really good knowing I can put this cream on my grandbabies without worrying about anything. This stuff is safe! And it is so easy to apply. It comes in a 50 ml tube, which fits nicely in my purse, for on-the-road 'emergencies.'

And others love it as well. Mom Sarah Bloomfield says, "Multi Healing Balm is the most used product in our household. I use it on anything and everything that comes up on my son and he has very sensitive skin. This product has never made his skin react like other products have. I absolutely love Multi Healing Balm."

In my opinion, no home should be without this miracle product. If you're in the Western PA area, you can pick up a tube or two at Soergel's in Wexford or in the gift shop at Phipp's Conservatory. Or you can buy it online.

The company is owned and operated by New Zealander, Jodee Reid, a qualified esthetician, savvy business woman and mother of four. One of her children is Matisse Reid, who captured the hearts of New Zealand's public due to a rare medical condition that required the family to relocate to Pittsburgh, so she could receive a rare multiple organ transplant.

Please view the below video to learn more about Matisse.

Reviewing it for you, and saying a prayer for little Matisse,

Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog