Friday, February 9, 2018

Vinegar Friday and winter woes

TGIVF!

Every once in awhile, it's good to revive Vinegar Fridays, don't you think? I just wanted to remind you of some of my favorite winter tips in my book.

With the cold winter weather, a lot of us end up with dry skin. Here are two tips that may help, starting with your feet.

Add 1/2 cup of ACV (apple cider vinegar) to a foot bath filled with warm water. Soak for 5 minutes or so. The result is baby soft feet. *Of course, if you have extremely rough skin on the bottom of your feet, the results will not be the same. Up until a few months ago, the ACV foot soak was all I needed to keep my feet soft. And then it happened... maybe it's age; maybe it's my diabetes, but I need to be more proactive in the care of my feet these days.

Moving up a bit, or a whole lot, actually, here's a remedy for dry skin on your face. This one is divine... really. It's called Martha Washington's Vinegar Facial Mask and is found on page 25 of my book, VINEGAR FRIDAYS (you can buy it here).

Mix up the following ingredients:

1 egg
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar

Apply the mask to your face and relax for 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water and pat dry. Better watch out, though -- people might look at your radiant complexion and start assuming you're pregnant!

Now let's talk cars -- I hate when I use my window washer fluid and the wipers are so dirty from winter grime that they just spread a mess across my line of vision. Wiping them down with a soft cloth soaked in undiluted DWV (distilled white vinegar) will help stay squeaky clean. You can keep a damp vinegar cloth in a wet bag in your car for on-the-road assistance.

If you're still trying to shed those extra holiday pounds, you might want to check out Chapter 9 in my book: The F-word. I gleaned some goodies from Dr. Ann Louise, otherwise known as the "First Lady of Nutrition." In this chapter, I discuss how ACV is effective at burning fat, whittling the waist, jump-starting your metabolism, shedding cellulite, and, as a bonus, it detoxifies as well! Grab a copy of the book and find out how!

Keeping it green, soft, clean, and healthy with vinegar,




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog