Friday, August 4, 2017

TGIVF! Another set of vinegar tips

It's Vinegar Friday once again. How did that happen. It really seems like just two weeks ago I was writing about vinegar and the beach. Wow the months go quickly! To think I used to have the time to write this feature weekly! That seems like a lifetime ago.

But enough about my perception of time. You're here for a vinegar tip or two, right?

So here are some my favorites from my book:


  • I realize that not everyone can afford to buy organic sheets for their family. That's why this tip is so important! Chances are good that your sheets are coated in chemicals, such as formaldehyde to keep the sheets from wrinkling. Make sure you toss all new linens in a rinse cycle (at the very least) with a cup of DWV (distilled white vinegar). This will help eliminate the chemical residue. To be safe, rinse and repeat! Maybe a few times. Then, make sure you don't toss the clean laundry into the dryer with some toxic dryer sheets! Yikes!!
  • With the election behind us (and that's all I'll say about it), it might be time to remove those candidate support bumper stickers. Even if you didn't put any on your car, imagine the embarrassment of buying a used car that touts support of a candidate you weren't/aren't particularly fond of. Am I putting that too mildly? Don't despair! Just grab your DWV and drench a cloth in it. Cover the sticker for a couple of hours. It should peel right off.
  • Do you suffer from acid reflux? I took Nexium for an ulcer for years until I learned this trick. But wait. I hear your protests. You're not going to suggest taking something acidy like apple cider vinegar when your stomach is already burning up? Why yes, yes I am. The unfortunate fact is hydrochloric acid backs up into the esophagus from the stomach and the traditional approach to dealing with this condition is to take acid reducing drugs. That's especially bad news for pregnant woman. However, I found that taking a tablespoon of organic raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar with 8 - 10 oz. of water worked for me. This is a safe alternative to taking prescription or OTC meds for many. While we assume that it's an excess of stomach acid that causes acid reflux, the reality is it is a lack of acid in the stomach, which results in a fermentation of undigested foods. By adding some ACV, you help to cleanse your system and prevent the heartburn and pain. Please note, I am not a medical professional. The upswing of that is that there are no insurance companies dictating what I say or do and no pharmaceutical companies padding my pockets. 
  • Ever have a sprain or strained muscle? Soak a cloth in some warm ACV, wring it out, and wrap it around the injured area. Leave it on for 3 - 5 minutes and repeat as needed. Adding a dash of cayenne pepper to the vinegar will bump up the relief a notch or two. NOTE: Do not do this to broken skin!! OUCH!!
Those are my tips for the month. I hope you found you found something useful that will help you live a more toxin-free life.

Keeping it green and healthy with vinegar,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog