Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Is it cloth? Is it disposable? It's a gDiaper

Okay, you know I'm all about using cloth diapers. In most cases, I see no reason to ever use a disposable. However, I recognize that not everyone feels the same way as I do. So is there some kind of middle ground?


Thanks to gDiapers, I think there is. gDiapers are the best of both worlds....cloth covers with flushable inserts. Flushable?! Yep, that's what I said. Of course, I've not tried them, so I don't know how sensitive septic systems would handle them, but if you choose to throw them away rather than flushing them, at least they're biodegradable.

gDiapers come in funky colors and designs with creative names that both moms and kids love.

Jason and Kim Graham-Nye, creators of the gDiaper, are an environmentally-conscious couple who refused to add to the growing landfill problem by using disposables on their children. Thus the gDiaper was born. And it's definitely worth a try.

For those of you who have to go to the Laundromat, cloth diapers, even if they're gDiapers, aren't exactly practical. Even if you have your own washer, you still might be resistant to the whole cloth diapering thing. So is there a better alternative for you?

Well, aside from the environmental issues surrounding disposable diapers, there are also the health issues I've addressed over and over again. That's why choosing a chlorine free disposable is a wise choice. Earth's Best TenderCare and Seventh Generation disposables are two options. While they are costly, you have to ask yourself, What is my baby's health worth?

For those who use cloth while at home and disposables when you're on the road, at least make safer choices. Remember, the more absorbent the disposable, the more chemicals used to make it that way. And that nasty gel that forms in a wet diaper is....well....nasty.

Keeping it green and healthy,

Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog