Friday, September 23, 2016

Heading home


Who says you can't go home again? To help relieve some of the pressure of what I've been calling "The Worst Summer EVER," I'm planning a trip back to my hometown. I'll be staying with my friend, Dawn, who graciously transformed one of her bedrooms into "my" room, using furniture from my mom's house after she died so I could find a small piece of "home" whenever I needed it.

Throughout the past three years, Dawn and her husband have warmly welcomed me into their home time and time again. It's a lovely home in the country surrounded by lovely vegetation, birds, flowers, and even an inground swimming pool. The subdued colors of the home create a peaceful oasis, whether indoors or out. This, my friends, is exactly what I need right now.

As my Manheim family is dwindling, I want to go there and spend some time with my remaining relatives. So I'm looking forward to that as well. And I might even throw in a trip to the beach with my cousin. While my initial plan was to have a fair amount of alone time, it looks like my schedule is filling up with people time instead. And that's okay. I'm just in need of some healing time and I'm counting on the magic of time away to provide me with exactly that.

Wish me well. I'm hoping to come back revived and ready to face the fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog