Friday, September 7, 2012

Vinegar Friday -- No pooing once again

Photo by Petr Kratochvil


TGIVF!

A few months ago, two different companies sent me shampoos to review. One I didn't like at all and the other one I loved. So much so, that I used it regularly and got out of my no pooing habit. Well, last week, I returned to it and I am now going through that not-so-lovely adjustment period. 

The first two days were great and I was a happy camper. But then the third day arrived. Forgetting that I wasn't supposed to wash my hair yet, I hopped in the shower with my baking soda and vinegar and did my no pooing routine without thinking. My hair dried, but felt yucky. Oh yeah, I remembered, I did it wrong. Sigh.

So, I'm suffering through these days/weeks so I can get back to caring for my hair the natural, and inexpensive, way. It will look good again... eventually!

If you're curious as to what no pooing is, or how baking soda and vinegar are good substitutes for shampoo and conditioner, read my initial post about this unconventional method of hair care: No Pooing -- it's a family affair.

In the meantime, I'm starting off my Vinegar Friday in the shower with my vinegar. How are you starting off yours?

Keeping it green with vinegar,

Hana

P.S. I dedicated an entire chapter to no pooing in my book, Vinegar Fridays, available at Lulu.com and Amazon.com. And now, through midnight 9/7, get 20% off at Lulu.com with the code CITHARA20.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog