I love my guest bloggers! Today's guest post is a humorous look at being green.
7 Embarrassing Signs You Have Gone Green
|T-shirt available at AbesMarket.com|
Some people live life with the motto of ‘go big or go home’; and when you choose to go big, you really do go big. But that is okay, especially when it comes to being green. Sometimes the things we do come off as a tad eccentric for those who are not on the same green wavelength, it’s cool bro, we know. Here are 7 shamelessly embarrassing signs that you have gone green and gone big:
- I brake…: Not only do I brake for animals. I brake for insects, road kill, trash and old Coke cans. And by brake, I mean braking on my bicycle because frankly the family SUV is killing the environment. BRB… just saw a candy wrapper on the bike trail.
- Trash: You should have played football. You intercept every trash throw like it’s the winning play in the Super Bowl. Whoa buddy, where do you think you are putting that Coke can? *Quickly whips out recycling bag out of back pocket* There ya go.
- It’s cool bro: Who said going green means you have to become a hippie, man? There is something that happens to all of us when we choose the greener path; our vocab matches that of Matthew McConaughey in Dazed and Confused or the grocery bagger at your local food market. “You just gotta keep on livin’, man. L-I-V-I-N.”
- Lectures: You know you are riding the eco-friendly train when you find yourself telling the mailman about the new recycling program you started for the neighborhood and 14 minutes later you realize he has moved onto the next block. Oops.
- Gift Giving: Re-gifting has a new meaning. Recycled products that are earth friendly and wrapped in recycled paper, brown bags or old newspapers, it’s trendy. Or at least you keep telling yourself that.
- Facebook: Your Facebook statuses are news articles on global warming and quotes from your favorite green philanthropist group. Your cover page is a photo of the Earth and your friends come to your page to find out the latest green initiative in their city.
- I heart EARTH: You don’t know how it happened but your closet has become the Mecca for ‘I heart EARTH’ and ‘Green is the new Black’ t-shirts. At least you look good in green! Of course, there is nothing wrong with owning 12 shirts that support your favorite green cause and there is nothing wrong with throwing the peace sign to someone who almost runs you over on your bike because you stopped to pick up cigarette butt. It’s all good man, just keep L-I-V-I-N' G-R-E-E-N. Embarrassing or not, embrace that inner green nerd!
Nancy Parker was a professional nanny and loves to write about wide range of subjects like health, parenting, child care, babysitting, nannies, etc. She welcomes your emails.