|Photo by Bobby Mikul|
Sleep problems seem to be universal. Whether your hormones are raging, worries are stewing or pain is preventing you from finding a comfortable position, nearly everyone experiences sleep problems from time to time.
What keeps you from falling asleep? Unpaid bills? Teenagers? Worrying about elderly parents? There are so many things to worry about it in life, it's any wonder anyone gets any sleep!
I used to be a stew-er. I'd worry about nearly everything. Until that magical day when I tore off the previous day's calender page and revealed a statement that changed my life. Literally. It was an anonymous quote that simply read, "Worry is the misuse of the imagination."
I thought about it and realized that
- I was blessed with a fantastic imagination
- I was also blessed with a talent for creative writing
- I could hone in on my imagination and create some amazing stories
- I was wasting my imagination (or misusing it) on worry
You see, I've found the key to letting go of the things troubling your mind involves meditation or prayer. By entering into a relaxed state of mind where you can simply let go of your stress and worries, you are much more apt to get a restful night's sleep. The problem is, way too many of us have trouble shutting down our brains and stilling our thoughts long enough to drift off into a peaceful sleep.
If this sounds like you, I encourage you to explore the benefits of prayer and meditation and to take the Hyland's 7-Day Sleep Challenge. It certainly couldn't hurt, and it definitely could help!
Head over to the Hyland's Challenge Page and share your ideas on getting a better night's sleep and participate in the 7-Day Sleep Challenge. Once there, you can register for a chance to win an amazing Rest and Relaxation Gift Basket which includes:
- Hyland’s Calms Forte, 32 ct.
- Hyland’s Nerve Tonic, 32 ct.
- Hyland’s Leg Cramps PM, 50 ct.
- Mack’s® Ultra Soft Foam Ear Plugs, 32 ct.
- Theo Rich Dark Drinking Chocolate, 9 servings
- Madhava Organic Honey Bear, 12 oz.
- Aura Cacia Pillow Potion, 2 oz.
- Aura Cacia Relaxing Lavender Aromatherapy Mineral Bath, 16 oz.
- Choice Organic Tea, Chamomile, 1 box (16 tea bags)
- Lily’s Sweets Chocolate Bars (one each of Original, Coconut, Crispy Rice, Almond), 3-ounce (85 gram)
- SkinFare Apothecary Prime, 25 ML/ 0.8 oz.
The 7 Day Sleep Challenge Starts on March 11 and ends on March 18.
Head on over and let them know Green Grandma sent you.