Friday, March 1, 2013

Another Vinegar Friday tip... when it hurts to pluck

TGIVF!!

It's not only Vinegar Friday, but it's also the first day of March. How did that happen? I can't believe we've finished off two months of 2013 already. It's almost like starting in on a third scotch and not being able to remember the first two. Not that I've ever even downed a Scotch, but it seemed like a good analogy.

Public Domain Image
Anyway, as I told you last week, I'll be sharing one vinegar tip with you every Friday, and today's is a doozy. I stumbled upon this just last week, in my own bathroom. Whether or not anyone else has ever shared this vinegar tip, I do not know. But here 
it is:

Before tweezing, wipe your skin with apple cider vinegar. It temporarily numbs the area for virtually pain-free plucking!

Simple tip, but let me expound a bit. Every night, I soak a cotton ball in ACV, run it under water, squeeze it out so it's not dripping wet, and use it on my face as a toner. It makes my skin feel amazing. Well, on Saturday night, I did this and then noticed a few stray eyebrow hairs in need of plucking. I pulled out my tweezers and proceeded to pluck. Pluck, pluck, pluck. Rather chicken-like of me, huh? The more I plucked, the more I became aware of the lack of pain. Wait a minute, I thought. Did I just discover another amazing vinegar tip? I did indeed. And now, my friends, I'm passing it on to you. Happy tweezing!






For more amazing vinegar tips, check out my book, Vinegar Fridays.

2 comments:

Search This Blog