Friday, March 29, 2013

A Good Vinegar Friday

TGIVF!


Later, knowing that all was now completed, and so that the Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, "I am thirsty."

A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus' lips. 

When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

~ John 19:28-30

"It is finished," Jesus said, right after he tasted of the last thing his earthly body would ever partake of... vinegar!

So I am thanking God for this particular Vinegar Friday... this Good Friday. Without this day in history, I would not be who I am. His sacrifice humbles me and propels me forward in His service. 

Yes, He died. But hold on... Resurrection Sunday is right around the corner!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog