Thursday, December 29, 2011

Stupidity and an empty bottle of liquid silver

I'm sitting at my desk for the first time since before Christmas, and I'm hoping my body can adjust to this new, non-prone position long enough for me to get some work done.

So, how were your holidays? Were they light with merriment or weighed down with stress? Mine were a bit of both. I can't tell you how disappointed I was to wake up on Monday with a sore throat and headache. We celebrated Christmas with our daughters and their families on Monday. By the time the crowd descended on us, with their mountains of presents, I was feeling worse. As we were opening presents, a cloud of "you're getting sick" hovered overhead, filling me with dread. I made dinner, set the table and finally sat down to eat. By that time, my throat hurt so much, I couldn't swallow. I kept pushing myself, even through serving dessert, but then I'd had enough. Excusing myself and thanking everyone for their gifts, I headed upstairs, where I basically remained until now. Just a little while ago, I ventured downstairs to grab something to eat, although I have no appetite, and then I came back up to my office, where I'm hoping to remain for most of the afternoon.

Has illness ever prevented you from having a good time with your family and/or friends? Has it ever made you miss a deadline? When you work for your own business, like I do, there are no paid sick days. If I don't work, I don't make any money. Not a good way to end the year, let me tell you.

In my book, Green Grandma's Vinegar Fridays, I have an entire chapter dedicated to vinegar and health. However, this time around, the vinegar was of no help. That's not to say it hasn't helped in the past, but this bout of illness knocked me down fast and hard. I could kick myself, however. Why? Because my husband and I discovered a 'miracle' liquid that, through the years, helped up escape this kind of stuff.

What is it? It's called Liquid Lightning Silver Plus and is manufactured by a company called Innerlight. We ran out of it awhile back and, because it's rather expensive, didn't order any more. Big mistake. Yesterday, I went online and ordered 4 bottles.

LL Silver Plus is de-mineralized water with silver, gold, copper and titanium and comes in a 1 oz. bottle. You simply put a couple drops under your tongue every day and it really works at killing any germs you may breathe in or ingest. In the years when we're taking it faithfully, we don't even get so much as a sniffle. And the most amazing thing is that I don't have any problems with my asthma.

Before we were introduced to LL Silver Plus, I generally ended up hospitalized every February for pneumonia. I had to use a couple different inhalers, a nebulizer and oral meds. When taking the LL Silver Plus, I don't need anything.

So, again, why, oh why, did we allow ourselves to run out of it? Stupid. That's all. Just plain stupid.

Are you like that with anything? You know it helps, but you just stop doing it, or taking it, for one reason or another? What is that all about? We grow complacent in our wellness, don't we? That's what happened to me, but let me tell you, this was a wake up call!

In a few days, the package will arrive and Bill and I will start loading up on the LL Silver Plus. Is it safe? You bet. As long as you take it according to the directions. Silver is an amazing mineral -- before there were antibiotics, there was silver. That's what they used to treat illness many years ago. But then pharmaceuticals were born and nothing's been the same since. Google it yourself. You'll be surprised by the benefits of silver ... even the health benefits of eating from silver spoons and forks! As we 'advance,' it seems progress keeps shooting us in the foot in one way or another. That's why, you keep hearing me refer back to old-fashioned ways mixed with a good dose of 21st century common sense.

If you're interested in hearing more, just email me.

Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog