Monday, May 2, 2011

The Sabbath Experiment -- week 30

Photo by Bobby Mikul


Right now I'm thinking that absolutely nothing I have to say can hold up to the news we heard last night -- that Osama Bin Laden was not only found, but killed, by U.S. Troops in Pakistan.

Across the globe, people are rejoicing. Perhaps that sounds a bit strange ... rejoicing over the death of a man? I can't help thinking about a similar mood around the world on May 1, 1945 -- the day the news was broadcast that Adolf Hitler was dead.

There's just something about ridding the world of sheer evil that deserves celebration.

So, on the heels of a Sabbath day that started with church followed by my family's participation in the Women's Choice Network's annual Walk for Life (which I raised $1100 for, thanks to the generosity of 20 sponsors), an evening with our daughter, son-in-law and grandson, and some relaxing in front of the television, I went to bed somewhat stunned by this news.
Of course, while Bin Laden's death is certainly a victory in this nearly-decade-long mission, there is also cause for concern, as we all can expect some sort of retaliation. On that count, I can do little more than pray.

Enjoy your week. Be thankful. Be prayerful.

Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog