Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Review It Wednesday -- The wonder of a recycled plastic bottle!

For awhile now, I've had a problem. Well, I've had lots of problems, but today I'm focusing on one in particular. It was my office chair.

I had one of those big ol' impressive-looking black leather-like high-backed chairs. It looked comfortable. Problem was, it wasn't. I ended up sitting on a cushion with a pillow behind my back. It looked, and felt, unprofessional.

For one thing, the material was always cold. Leather and vinyl tend to be like that. As a result, my joints would ache after too many hours sitting on the chair. Since I often spend upwards of 12 hours or so sitting in my office, this created a problem for me.

The other issue I had with this particular chair was the seat depth. Now, at 5'9", I have relatively long legs. But, in order for me to sit all the way back in this chair, my knees were barely able to bend so my feet could be on the floor. Therefore, a pillow placed behind my back -- not exactly the support my back needs. Why, oh why, do they make chairs with such deep seats?

Okay, this isn't Gripe About it Wednesday, so I guess I should move on to the real reason for this post -- my new chair!


Spiffy-looking, isn't it? I love how the color works so well in my office.



And I love how the chair hugs my body perfectly. The back support is amazing and the pneumatic chair height control is simple to use and gives me a variety of positions to sit in throughout the day, all beneficial to my posture. The adjustable arms are just another perk. I also love being able to lock the chair in an upright position for when I'm doing my voice-over work, or unlock it to lean back when I'm scrolling through Facebook or researching for an article or blog post.

But, do you want to know the most excellent attribute of this chair? The fabric is made from 100% recycled plastic water bottles! How awesome is that?



The Evoterra office chair is sold exclusively at Staples (in-store only), comes in black or red, and is currently on sale (through July 2, 2011) for just $99.99! This is a chair that is ultimately comfortable, stylish and eco-friendly. It doesn't get any better than that.



So if you're in the market for a new office chair, head over to your local Staples and ask for the Evoterra chair. This piece of furniture gets my highest rating and no, I am not getting anything from Staples to review it. I paid for the chair and would do so again without hesitation.

And, in the spirit of keeping things out of the landfill, my old office chair found a new home with my son-in-law. That makes us both happy!

Reviewing it for you,

Hana

2 comments:

  1. Was just at Staples a couple days ago and noticed this chair. It is super comfortable! However, they only have it in red, and when I started calling around to look for a black one, most of the stores told me they didn't have it in either color. Apparently it's a clearance item, but since they don't sell it through the website, and it's a Staples brand, I have no idea where else to get it. Help! I can't imagine why they would discontinue such a comfortable chair, especially made from recycled materials and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could help you out, Kathy. I absolutely love this chair. I spend 8-12 hours in it everyday and it's still like new. That's crazy that they've discontinued it. Good luck finding one in black.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog