While I'm aware that this posting will have no particular relevance to a vast majority of you, I wanted to post this for a couple of reasons. One, for those of you in the Pittsburgh (particulary the North Hills sections) area, this is an awesome event. There is no better time to rid your home of unnecessary and/or unusable stuff!!And two, if you are not in the Pittsburgh area, why not organize a Recycle Rama in your own hometown? This is such a valuable and responsible event that keeps getting bigger and better every year. I first learned about it last year and am excited to shared the info with you again.
Hampton Township School District presents:
The Fourth Annual Recycle Rama
Saturday, May 21, 2011 from 10:00 – 1:00
in the Hampton High School parking lot and cafeteria
Some information may change. Stay informed by checking the Recycle Rama link under Community Links on the HTSD website.
• ELECTRONICS –ALL ITEMS WILL BE COLLECTED FOR FREE – NO CHARGE (Thanks to a grant received by JVS Environmental of Rockwood)
• CELL PHONES
• PRINTER CARTRIDGES
• RECHARGEABLE AND ALKALINE BATTERIES, INCLUDING CAR BATTERIES
• CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS – collected by Construction Junction, materials MUST be in useable condition and suitable for use in a home project. Construction Junction has the right to refuse any materials they deem unfit for use.
• APPLIANCES – only those without freon. Call 1-888-GO-FREON for curbside pickup of your freon appliances
• SCRAP METAL
• PLASTIC GROCERY BAGS – for each bag of plastic bags, you will receive a reusable grocery tote (as long as supplies last)
• MOBILE SHREDDING SITE - NEW THIS YEAR! $3 per box or bag, limit 5
• PAPER , CARDBOARD, PHONE BOOKS
• CLOTHING, SHOES, SMALL HOUSEHOLD ITEMS – Taken by the Salvation Army
• TOWELS AND BLANKETS – These will be donated to local animal shelters
• EYEGLASSES AND SUNGLASSES– Collected and refit for people in needy countries
• USED BOOKS – no text books, magazines, ex-library books, or encyclopedias
• HAMPTON ATHLETIC UNIFORMS, SPIRIT WEAR, AND SPORTS and DANCE EQUIPMENT – Must be clean and in useable condition. Will be collected at all Hampton elementary schools, Hampton Middle School, Hampton High School and the Community Center before Recycle Rama and at the High School on the day of Recycle Rama. COLLECTION DATES AT SITES – MAY 2 – MAY 13
• BOY’S DRESS CLOTHES AND SHOES – Bring an item on Recyle Rama day and take an item home with you. NEW THIS YEAR!
• MEN’S AND WOMEN’S BUSINESS ATTIRE AND SHOES
• PROM AND BRIDESMAID DRESSES PLUS ACCESSORIES (PURSES, SHOES, JEWELRY)
• MEDICAL EQUIPMENT – CRUTCHES, WHEELCHAIRS, CANES, NEBULIZERS, WALKERS -- NEW THIS YEAR! For a complete list, go to globallinks.org and click on DONATE
They will also have the following:
• Information on recycling opportunities in Allegheny County
• Tables from various businesses and Scout organizations in Hampton
**They have the right to refuse items that are not acceptable for recycling. For questions, call Danelle Jameson at (412) 487 – 0752.
For a list of places where you can recycle many of these items year round, click here.
Think green, recycle and reuse!