Thursday, October 13, 2016

Thursday's Truths & Tidbits -- I smell B.O.!

Body odor. Yuck. Natural deodorants often don't work. While there was one natural and safe deodorant I used to swear by, the company changed the formula and the packaging (to cardboard, which made it messy and difficult to use) and I no longer liked it. Plus, it used to stain my clothing. 

The alternative was commercial deodorant, which was affordable and readily available on the grocery and drugstore shelves. But who wants to apply toxins under their arms and risk the chance of breast or lymph node cancer. NOT ME! I also do not want to offend others, and myself, with nasty B.O. What's a person to do?

Well, I'll tell you what my husband and I have been doing for over six months now. And I dare say, neither of us stink.

I scoop a tiny bit of baking soda into the palm of my hand, add a tiny bit of coconut oil, and rub into my armpits. That's it. If it's a bit too oily, I dab with a dry washcloth, get dressed and go on my way. And, since I'm not one to shower or bathe daily (there really is no purpose to that, you know), I only have to apply it every couple of days. 

So far, there has been zero odor. Same for my husband, who also does not shower daily. He was skeptical, but the results won him over.

No toxins. No carcinogens. No B.O. Effective and economical.

What could be better than that?

Sharing my green and healthy living tips with you,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog