Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My favorite posts of 2013

Well, here we are on the final day of 2013. It's been quite a year. I must admit, in many ways, it's been one of the most difficult years for me personally. Losing my mom on January 15th set me on a path of grief unlike any I've ever experienced. At times, the pain threatened to swallow me whole and I wondered how I would go on.

Throughout the months, I shared bits of my journey. Now that we've reached the end of the year, I thought we'd revisit some of my favorite posts of 2013. I've included the links to bits of my grief journey for any of you who may be experiencing something similar. My hope is for you to find some comfort in the universality of our journey. 

Below those links are links to other topics I feel passionate about. I hope you'll find the time to read or reread some of Green Grandma's favorite posts. 

My grandbabies -- the reason I do what I do. And my husband -- without whom I'd be lost.


January

Saying Goodbye  -- The beginning of my grief journey

The surprising hiding places for triclosan -- This dangerous toxin is in more than just antibacterial soap!


February

Sharing a little bit more of my currently broken heart -- A rawer look at the journey

Fracking, bottled water, and Keurig Cups -- not seeing eye-to-eye -- How a discussion at church led to a rant


March

Returning to an empty house -- What it was like to go home again

The iPotty ... Tell me it isn't so! -- High tech toilet training. Yikes!


April

Monday Morning Reflections -- There's no place like home -- Experiencing joy again, at least for the time being

Are you still using plastic grocery bags? Why? -- An attempt to motivate readers to shop with reusable bags

Something went terribly wrong -- My reflections on the tragedy in Boston during the marathon


May

Life. It goes on -- I survived my first Mother's Day without my mom... and I gleaned some grains of joy

Vinegar Friday -- In honor of moms -- Tips on using vinegar from moms in the community


June 

A grandfather clock, a family of bluebirds, and a lifelong friend -- In the midst of the grief journey, friends can be the most valuable asset

An airplane, a squirmy toddler, and a random act of kindness -- How getting the last seat on the plane to Chicago ended up being a huge blessing


July

To everything there is a season... -- Delayed grief. It can be brutal

A game of hide-and-seek with SC Johnson -- Revealing the truth about toxins in popular products


August

Hmmm. This is the first month I didn't blog about my grief journey.

Screen time and toddlers: How much is too much? --What do researchers say?


September

Another month without a nod to my grief

Grandparents Day -- Hype or ...  -- The value of grandparents


October

We need a David to take down Goliath -- The fight against Monsanto -- it's a fight we must win!


November

Hero in Aisle Six -- A poem to honor our veterans -- Sharing one of my poems to honor our heroes


December

From coal to diamonds... saying goodbye -- The final visit to my childhood home

Fired up on Vinegar Friday -- Expressing some outrage over the Fisher-Price Newborn-to-Toddler Apptivity Seat

Thicker than Blood -- The story of a courtship -- mine and my husband's to be exact!


Thanks for sticking with me this year. It was a tough one, but I'm looking ahead to a fantastic 2014. Let's make it greener and healthier... the common sense way!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog