Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Review it Wednesday -- spoken into the blogisphere

Last week, I offered my take on a vegan shampoo and conditioner I wasn't overly fond of. I mentioned that I prefer shampoos with honey in them. Well, be careful what you speak into the blogisphere! Guess what I'm reviewing today? A sulfate free shampoo that contains honey! I'm so happy!

ecoSTORE USA sent me this wonderful Honey and Almond Shampoo to review (at no charge to me). So, while I was already off my no pooing routine, I readily embraced the opportunity. This time, when I hopped into the shower, I had a totally different experience than what I described last week, starting with the delightful fragrance of honey and almond (one of my favorites). I also liked the consistency of the shampoo and the ease with which I was able to work it into my hair. Let me tell you, I was a happy camper! The shampoo rinsed out easily, and I was able to comb through my wet hair without using a conditioner or creme rinse. The end result? Shiny hair with more volume than I've had in a long time. I've used the shampoo 5 times now, and the result is always the same. And there is no flaky residue left behind.

One of the things about this review is something you don't always see. Often, the products I review have a somewhat hefty price tag. They're organic, after all, and tend to be costlier than your run-of-the-mill products on the store shelves. However, the shampoos sold by ecoSTORE USA are reasonably priced! A 13.5 oz. bottle costs just $6.50 (Introductory price)! If that's not enough incentive to buy a bottle or two, consider this:
  • 3 in 1 -- the shampoos and conditioners are moisturizing, volumizing and color safe
  • they are plant and mineral-based with select natural oils
  • they are designed to gently cleanse, soften and replenish your hair without removing its natural protective oils
  • sulfate free
  • paraben free
  • 1,4 dioxane free
  • NO artificial dyes
  • NO artificial fragrances
  • Available in Cucumber, Pear, and (I'm ecstatic) Honey and Almond
NO NASTY CHEMICALS!

Am I happy with the ecoSTORE USA Honey and Almond Shampoo? No. I'm thrilled  with it. If I'm going to use shampoo, this is the one I'd reach for. 

However, I am a pretty diehard no pooing fan. Where does that leave me? For now, I'm going to use this shampoo. Knowing it's safe for me and for the environment, I figure I have nothing to lose. Plus, since I didn't pay for it, for now it's even cheaper than no pooing. There are some things I miss about my no pooing experience, though. For one thing, my hair dries much quicker when I no poo. Secondly, I don't have to wash my hair as frequently when I'm using baking soda and vinegar. 

But, like I said, for now, I'll stick to this shampoo. My hair feels and looks healthy and I'm happy about that.

Visit the ecoSTORE USA website to check out their hair care products and more ... and keep watching for another review about one of their products, as they were generous enough to send me an additional product. I just need a little bit more time to evaluate that one.

Reviewing it for you,

Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog