|The view from our patio|
So, I reached into my kitchen cupboard and pulled out the honey and Dr. Bragg's apple cider vinegar and I mixed up my magic concoction -- a 50/50 mix -- and started taking spoonfuls every hour or so. By Sunday afternoon, my sore throat was gone and my voice was fine. You gotta love that vinegar!!
Since we were both not feeling well on Saturday, we found a substitute teacher for Bill's Sunday School class (thanks, Maggie!!) and decided to spend the entire Sabbath resting. I must say, it was a lovely day. With no alarms set, we slept until 10, and then spent most of the day outside on the porch. I had a time of Bible study and prayer, enjoyed a leisurely brunch, played a couple of games of Bananagrams, watched an episode of season one of the television show, Beauty and the Beast as we ate dinner outside, and finished the evening watching The Wish List on the Hallmark channel.
After a day like that I start off this work week with a few observations and realizations.
- I love having discovered for myself that the Sabbath was made for rest. I believe that more than ever after starting this experiment nearly nine months ago. I cannot recommend this necessary day of rest to you with more conviction. Of course, our day of rest usually starts off with worship with our church family, and I wouldn't have it any other way. But our afternoons/evenings used to be consumed with work and busyness. The day was no different than any other. God did not intend it to be that way. We all need a day set apart from our usual activities.
- I love my home and my backyard/patio/porch. The sound of the fountain in the pond refreshes my spirit. The pleasure of watching the birds as they fly from tree to bush to tree, the hummingbirds as they enjoy the nectar of hanging baskets and the butterflies as they glide effortlessly on the breeze, cannot be topped, for me, by exotic or exciting vacations to faraway places or, gasp, noisy amusement parks.
- I love to be and not do sometimes.
- I love the Creator and the Creation.
- I love my husband. Oh how I love my husband. And, the best part is, I really like my husband. What it a joy it is to spend every day with my very best friend.
Today, my heart is filled with an overflowing joy. God is good. A simple statement that holds a wealth of truth.
May you be blessed with a fruitful week and may you discover the joy of the Sabbath.
Keeping it restful,
Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, 32 oz, Bragg - $4.29
Retail Price: $14.29
You Save: $10.00