Thursday, December 9, 2010

Quick tip

You know how you hate getting all those forwarded emails? Me, too. Especially when you scroll to the bottom and are told that you have to send them to x amount of people so that you will have
  1. an answer to your prayer
  2. good luck
  3. increased wealth
  4. ...well, you get the picture.
I really hate the ones that try to guilt me into forwarding them to my friends...the ones that tell me God will be ashamed of me if I don't forward them, because by not sending the email off, I have proven that I am actually ashamed of Him! Find a Scripture to support that theory and I will comply without hesitation! But the bottom line is -- if there is anything at the end of the email that stresses the necessity to forward, chances are pretty darn good, I will be hitting the delete button...even if the content of the email was good. I simply do not like being manipulated. You know what I mean?

Well, a few hours ago I got one of those emails. It was a bunch of helpful tips and, to my surprise, I actually learned a few tips I plan to implement.

There was one in particular that I am anxious to try. The next time I get a splinter, I'm planning on slathering the finger (or wherever the splinter has taken up residence) with Elmer's glue. Once dry, the glue easily peels off and voila!, no more splinter! I just love that tip and cannot help wondering why I wasn't ever smart enough to come up with that on my own. After all, I know all about the process of peeling dried glue off my hands.

Many years ago, my sister, relying on my gullibility, coated her own hands with Elmer's glue. After the glue had dried, she came to me, visibly upset, and told me she had a fatal disease and that it involved the peeling of the skin. She said that the disease was advanced when you got to that point and there was nothing that could be done to save a person once the skin started peeling. Then she slowly started stripping her skin of the dried glue! It was a cruel big sister trick that has remained with me to this day. I just can't figure out why it never occurred to me that this would be a good way to remove a splinter! It sure beats digging around the skin with tweezers!

Anyway, that is my tip for today. A simple splinter-removing tip. And that is all I have to say for now. The Christmas season is underway, complete with its busyness. So with that said, I will close. Have a joyful day.

Keeping it simple,

Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog