Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Adorable kids in eco-friendly duds -- a grandma's perspective

It was so much fun posting a review yesterday, I thought it would be fun to post another one today as well!

First of all, how many of you have discovered the wonderful Green Baby Clothing Company? Even if you don't plan on buying anything, you have to check out the amazing photography done by company founder, Jill Wirth. I love what it says on their About Us page:

Our company was born out of the belief that we should all do our part to help the future of our Planet. We offer eco-friendly items with that extra coolness factor!

Doesn't that sound like a company you want to buy from? If you are looking for a unique, well-crafted gift for a baby shower or simply for that special little one in your life, do not buy anything until you check out what GBCC has to offer.

After the birth of my grandson, Lincoln, in August, Jill sent an outfit for him. Just as a gift. Just because she is like that. Not wanting to neglect my granddaughter, Laura, she sent something for her as well. When you deal with GBCC, you are dealing with a generous and sweet entrepreneur who will give your order personalized attention.

Lincoln got a onesie and a pair of bamboo yoga pants.

Here are the details on the shirt, which has laundered well and is adorable:

•100% Organic Cotton
•Made in Fair Trade Facility
•Dyed with eco-friendly, low-impact dyes
•Quality stitching
•Enzyme washed for extra softness


The only problem with the shirt is it sized really small. Lincoln has a 0-6 month size on in this picture and he is not quite 2 months old here. The shirt fits nicely width-wise, but length-wise it just doesn't work for him. Lincoln weighed 7 lbs. 3 oz. and was 21" when he was born and in this picture he is about 11 lbs. and 23". So you can see he's not a huge baby, although lately he's really been packing on the pounds. At almost 3 months, he's already 15 lbs.! And all he's getting right now is Momma's milk, so I guess it's agreeing with him!

My daughter, Bethany, loves the bamboo yoga pants by Baby Bambu! And what's not to love. They are super, super soft -- I wish they came in my size!

The pull-on pants are made of 100% bamboo and, like I said, are incredibly soft. The contrasting stitching gives them an extra boost of style.

At 0-3 months, you can see that these fit just fine.

Bethany's opinion of the clothing Jill sent: Well, she would buy the bamboo yoga pants in a second. But she would skip the onesies, since the fit is just not quite right for her long-bodied little man.


Next, there's the lovely little Lady Laura's t-shirt. Adorable. See for yourself:



And yes, the message on the shirt fits her perfectly: Natural Beauty, even if a grandma has to say so! The t-shirt is a size 2 and Laura weighs in at about 24 lbs. here. As with the onesies, the quality is superb:

•100% Organic Cotton
•Made in Fair Trade Facility
•Dyed with eco-friendly, low-impact dyes
•Quality stitching
•Enzyme washed for extra softness

The bottom line when it comes to the Green Baby Clothing Company in my opinion: it rocks! This is one of the finest eco-friendly companies out there when it comes to unique, high quality clothing that is safe to let your children wear!

And I didn't even mention their hats! You have to visit their website to check out their hats. Here's just a preview:

I mean, how cute is that??

The other products you'll find on the GBCC website include:
  • cloth diapers
  • shoes
  • dresses 
  • blankets
  • eco-toys
  • ties
  • leg warmers
  • wraps
  • Amber teething necklaces (and amber jewelry for adults as well!)
  • and more!
Christmas is quickly approaching. Check out Green Baby Clothing Company before you hit the mall. You will be glad you did!

Oh, and I almost forgot, we have another giveaway!! Just to give a lucky GG community member a taste of this awesome company. This is a unique product I am sure you are going to love!

How about a reusable snack bag? The fact that you will save a ton of plastic bags is just one of the reasons why you will love this! The adorable fabric designs are the reason your kids will love it!! Jill has generously offered your choice of any of the designs available as the prize.

Does your little boy love cars? Is your little girl a princess? Who doesn't like the idea of a safari? Handmade in Canada, the 6" x 6" snack bags are BPA free PUL lined and are machine washable.












Again, I am not going to make you jump through hoops to win. Here's what you need to do:
  • Be a follower of the blog (not just a "liker" on Facebook)
  • Post a comment here or on the GG Facebook wall stating which product you'd most like to have from Green Baby Clothing Company. This means you will have to visit their site.
Of course, it would be kind of you to "like" them on Facebook as well. I guarantee you will love the adorable photos Jill posts!

Contest ends at midnight EST on Monday, November 22nd and winner will be chosen via Random.org. Good luck!

Keeping it green and fun,

Hana








8 comments:

  1. I love the new organic blankets! I want the Eyes of the World one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize I wasn't already following your blog, but I am now! Just saw your post on the teething necklaces - I thought they were for chewing on too...thanks for the info, lol! Would love to try one of those from her site on my little boy...or maybe the Christmas elf hat. Aaahhh..too many choices! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a follower. :) I am in love with the little hats at GBCC, especially the owl and monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I follow your blog and I'm a fan of GBCC on facebook!

    I would love to try an amber necklace in molasses or Kahlua (yes, for myself)! And these snack bags are adorable...if I win 1, I think I will have to buy more (1 for everyone!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baby Boy Lopez will be here Monday! Yeah!!
    This would come in handy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Jill and GBCC! She absolutely makes everything personal, and has gone out of her way to make our daughter with Juvinile Arthritis happy.

    All of her products are amazing, the hats are the sweetest things EVER, but I would love to have a molasses amber necklace. Our daughter has a few, and I constantly wish I had my own.

    On a side note, I also cannot say enough amazing things about the amber necklaces. I can 100% attest that they are not only great for teething, but have helped our daughter both with her eczema and pain from arthritis. I bought her first one thinking that since she was past the teething age (3) it would just be something really pretty. Both my husband and I were shocked that it helped her with her eczema, as well as the pain from her Juvinile Arthritis. She has not had a single flare up since we received her first necklace a few months ago :) You will NOT be disappointed in this amazing product that GBCC carries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think beyond any product, its the superior customer service that sets this company above the rest... Jill does an amazing job and truly loves what shes doing.... its evident.

    but if i had to pick my fave product... hmmmmm... i will say the reverse pinafores are beautiful...

    with the monkey & owl hats a very very close second

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a few things from Green Baby Clothing Company & love them all!

    I think an amber necklace is the next item to purchase on my list..

    andreaverouden@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog