Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Make kindness a priority in 2016

Have you ever read one of my suggestions and thought, "That's easy for you to say. We don't have that kind of money (or time or resources)?" I understand. But today's 2016 resolution doesn't have to cost you a cent.

Image by Anna YanovaCattoon


In 2016, I'm challenging you to let go of any of the cynicism that prevents you from being kind. Cynicism that says:
  • He's too lazy to work
  • She shouldn't keep having all those kids
  • That cashier won't even smile
  • He'll probably just blow the money on booze
  • My neighbor's never been nice to me
  • If she'd manage her money properly, she wouldn't be in this mess
  • She's such a grump, it's no wonder she's all alone
  • He probably won't appreciate it anyway
  • They'll just bleed me dry if I let them
The list could go on and on, but I'm sure you get the idea. The thing is, this world needs more kindness. And it's up to us to teach our kids and grandkids what it means to be kind, even to the most undeserving. 

Kindness doesn't have to cost us anything, but if you have extra money, sharing it teaches kids to share.

Kindness can be as simple as helping someone to the car with their groceries, or returning the cart for them.

Kindness can be handing a tangerine to someone on the street or at the tollbooth as you pay your toll.

Kindness can be giving the stressed out mama at the grocery store a $4 bouquet of daisies.

Kindness can be sending someone a note to let them know you're praying for them.

Kindness can be offering to babysit for a single mom so she can run errands without getting kids in and out of car seats. 

Kindness can be as simple as a smile. 

Kindness is contagious. 

As the old song says, "It only takes a spark to get a fire going. And soon all those around will warm up in the glowing..." (Pass It On by Kurt Kaiser)

Let's spread some sparks in 2016. You and I can change the world, one kind gesture at a time.

Won't you join me?




1 comment:

  1. Hello! I am a television casting producer and I am casting a new TV show that will document women becoming grandma's for the first time. Please email me so I can tell you more information about this amazing show that you can share with your readers and followers on social media HMundy@ITVProd.com I tried emailing your account listed on your website and it is not working

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog