Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Have you seen this girl?

Update: Lily was found late last night, Jan. 13th. The two men she was with have been arrested. Thank you for your concern and prayers.

Yesterday, I wrote about missing socks. Little did I know that at that time former neighbors of mine were worried sick about their missing daughter. 


Lily Funk

Lily Funk, 17, 5'6", 190 lbs. with brown hair and blue eyes went missing on Monday night, January 11. I don't know any of the details. I simply know that a sweet girl, who my own daughters spent many hours with as her babysitters, is in trouble. Did she run away? I don't know. Did she meet someone online and go off to meet him in person? I don't know. Was she abducted? I don't know. 

I know only that a girl my family cares about has disappeared. Lily's grandparents live catty-corner from our house and are fantastic neighbors. Her grandfather designed and built our back porch where I spend countless hours in the warmer months reading, writing, dining, drinking coffee or wine, watching the birds... just enjoying life. It's probably my favorite spot on earth and I am eternally grateful for the gift of it. That's what Lily's grandfather did for us.

Now, with his granddaughter missing, I feel helpless to do anything for him and his wife. What can I do? Will a casserole dish matter? Pie? I'm stumped. I really don't know what to do other than share pictures of Lily and get the information out there. Maybe someone reading this has seen her. Maybe, just maybe, what I write will make a difference. 

I have to try.

If you have any information, please call the Sewickley police 412.473.3056 or 1-800-THE-LOST.

2 comments:

  1. I hope she feels our love and prayers, wherever she is. Right now, she's everyone's daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a sweet thing to say, Laura. I'm so relieved she's safe.

      Delete

Search This Blog