Thursday, June 11, 2015

Homeopathy -- Some of my favorite remedies

If you've been around for awhile, you know I love homeopathy. If I can opt for a remedy that comes from plant, mineral, or animal sources rather than a chemical lab, I'm all for it.

Here are some of my favorites:

Hypericum


Hypericum -- About 15 years ago, I weaned myself off Prozac and lithium (used to treat my bipolar depression) and started taking St. John's Wort (hypericum). It has worked to stabilize my moods for all these years and has prevented any kind of flare up. I adjust my dose according to need (between 300 mg and 900 mg per day). Years into this homeopathic treatment, I discovered another use for it -- it's been known to help ease the symptoms of Epstein Barr Virus Syndrome, which I suffer from as well. Ahhh... no wonder I felt better.
 
Arnica


Arnica -- Sometimes I take the pill form and other times I use the cream. Either way, it's my first choice to ease pain before I reach for an NSAID. 

Apis Mellifica


Apis Mellifica  -- After being told by my doctor to start taking a niacin supplement, I discovered I was allergic to it. The hives and swelling were awful! Within minutes of dissolving some apis mellifica tablets under my tongue, the hives subsided. It seemed truly miraculous.

Phosphorus


Phosphorus -- I use this for diarrhea instead of Imodium. Works wonders.

Nux Vomica

Nux Vomica -- When I'm nauseous, I pop a few of these tablets under my tongue.

Silver

Colloidal Silver -- I developed asthma when I was 27. There were times when it was quite severe and I landed in the hospital on several occasions. I was on several medications daily and never went anywhere without my rescue inhaler. Then I discovered Innerlight's Silver Plus, a combination of colloidal silver, gold, titanium, and copper. It changed my life. As long as I'm taking it regularly (every other day or so), my asthma is gone. However, the times I've run out of it or forgotten to take it for a week or so, guess what? The wheezing starts up again.

The Silver Plus also boosts my immune system. Since I started taking it, I've rarely had any illnesses that used to plague me -- colds, bronchitis, pneumonia, flu... Plus, my husband swears by it to control his IBS. We're real believers. Unfortunately, I just discovered the company is out of business as of April 30, 2015. So now I'm in a bit of a panic over what we're going to use to replace our Silver Plus.

When it comes to homeopathy, the US is a bit behind. In India, over 100 million people rely primarily on homeopathy for medical care and in Switzerland, a 2011 study commissioned by the government found that homeopathy was effective and should be covered by the national health care system, which it now is. It is also covered by the national health care system in Holland. [Rodale's Organic Life, July/August 2015]



In addition to buying Silver Plus from Innerlight, I also have Hyland's Homeopathic Remedy Chest, which contains 29 different homeopathic remedies for a variety of conditions. My husband and I have used nearly all of them at one time or another.


If you're uncertain whether or not homeopathy is for you, I encourage you to do some research. You just might find the 'cure' you're looking for and it will come without a doctor's prescription.

Sharing my experiences,

 



Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and am expressing my personal experiences regarding homeopathic remedies. Please consult with your physician prior to starting any homeopathic regimen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog